SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 797 Posts
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about this idea? An Arab union from Morocco until iraq, open borders, 1 government, 1 currency like de Euro maybe dirham:lol:, 1 big army etc.... NOt like the Arab league, with I personnaly find a bunsh of bullshit

Would it work? Will it ever happen? What if it does?:cheers:

My opinion: I hope it does, we can all work to together to make the MENA region a better place. Israel has the option to become a member, that is even better.:) I think everybody can win something out of this. The capital would be Cairo then (it is in the middle so...) We can have an open border policy, police that work together

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
^^
not based on fake nationalism ,
a real good union should be based on mutual economic and political interests ,,
so why would it better for Morocco to be in a union with lets say Oman and not Spain , or why would it be better for Saudi Arabia to be in a union with Algeria and not Iran or even India .
we need to drop the fake nationalism and start thinking straight .

136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should start an union with countries wich you have a bond with. There has to bee something that make's you really one. Look to the 50 states in the US, or the countries in the EU, they had and still have a bond. Here it's religion, region, politicali and financiali. Don't start living in a fake world, where everybody like's everybody for who he or it is! Look to the EU, the so called democratic union. Why can't Turkey be a member????? Biggest reason is Islam! The EU has lot's to win if Turkey become's a member, cheaper imports etc... But what does the EU say NO!

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
What do you think about this idea? An Arab union from Morocco until iraq, open borders, 1 government, 1 currency like de Euro maybe dirham:lol:, 1 big army etc.... NOt like the Arab league, with I personnaly find a bunsh of bullshit

Would it work? Will it ever happen? What if it does?:cheers:

My opinion: I hope it does, we can all work to together to make the MENA region a better place. Israel has the option to become a member, that is even better.:) I think everybody can win something out of this. The capital would be Cairo then (it is in the middle so...) We can have an open border policy, police that work together
Absolutely not.

I personally completely reject such a proposal. Have your Arab Union if you wish from Morocco until Iraq, but leave out Egypt in the middle, as Egypt. Because we are not Arabs, nor do we wish for any kind of association with the Arabs.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
^^
not based on fake nationalism ,
a real good union should be based on mutual economic and political interests ,,
so why would it better for Morocco to be in a union with lets say Oman and not Spain , or why would it be better for Saudi Arabia to be in a union with Algeria and not Iran or even India .
we need to drop the fake nationalism and start thinking straight .
+1

136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely not.

I personally completely reject such a proposal. Have your Arab Union if you wish from Morocco until Iraq, but leave out Egypt in the middle, as Egypt. Because we are not Arabs, nor do we wish for any kind of association with the Arabs.
Haha ! First of all, it was just an idea! Plus Egypt is tottaly arab, either you want it or not. And Egypt together with Syria are arab nationalists
Egypt it's official name is Arab Republic of Egypt

So??

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
So what you are saying is something like the proposed Arab Republic proposed by Gamal Abdel Nasr et al.?
No.. hell no lol.

However, what would be great if we did adopt a certain EU style in that each country has its own government but we are civil to each other, and a MENA passport can be used to travel between them all freely. However for this to happen all the countries would need to be of the same political platforms. As it stands now, everyone is in different places in the political spectrum. Also we need commonality amongst stabilities in the countries. Imagine opening the border to Iraq and insurgents roam in freely, that would be effed up.

But to combine us into one is just wrong... its commie like and attempts to destroy rich MENA heritage...not one country is like the other. We should enrich our diversity by promoting communications with all the countries together, not destroy it by assimilating people.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Haha ! First of all, it was just an idea! Plus Egypt is tottaly arab, either you want it or not. And Egypt together with Syria are arab nationalists

So??
That BS is the result of Propaganda by Gamal Abdel Nasser. The Arabs arrived to Egypt in 7th Century A.D., Egypt has been inhabited since 3500 B.C. Egyptians are not Arab by Nature. Period.

I'm not willing to argue about this crap again, since I recently did here. Read all 5 pages: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1253569

136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to argue with me, but you really can't deny it! I would probably say that you are either an Egyptian living abroad, or an Egyptian christian. Because, most Egyptians are proud to be arab, they are proud of the arabic language, culture etc......

If I here with you say, then nobody exept for the Gulf people are ARABS...

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Because, most Egyptians are proud to be arab, they are proud of the arabic language, culture etc......
No we are not "proud to be arab" because we are NOT Arab. We may speak Arabic, we may be a Majority Muslim country. But the Egyptian is Egyptian before being Arab.

Its 2010, and not 1970, the propaganda of Gamal Abdel Nasser is a thing of the past. Wake up.

AND FYI, yes, I am an Egyptian living abroad, and I do not follow any religion....does that make me any less Egyptian? No, I am just as Egyptian as anyone else is.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

So??
there is no such thing as being Arab or an Arab country ..
if it is about religion , Malaysia is Moslem country to ,, beside who cares the Philippine are Catholic that does not make them Italians ,
language ? South Africa is an English speaking country does that make them a part of the English nation ??
beside , when Arabic speaking people from to deferent country meet up , in many cases they prefer to speak in English or French since our dialects can be very deferent ..

am not against having a good relationship with Egypt or Yemen or wherever , actully i would love to ,,as long as it's not based on 3robah

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
am not against having a good relationship with Egypt or Yemen or wherever , actully i would love to ,,as long as it's not based on 3robah
Exactly. I'm also not against having good relations with the Arab and Middle East States, so long as its not in the name of "Arab Unity" or "Pan-Arabism"

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I think Egypt is better suited with an economic union including Sudan. Seeing as how Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uganda will begin to use more of the Nile's waters for irrigation purposes..

Egypt's economic cooperation has to be southward. Infact Egypt has been very lucky so far that countries like Ethiopia, Uganda had not utilized the waters from the nile. Now with water shortages they plan to do so in the near future.

Figuring out an equitable solution to water sharing rights is key for Egypt.

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
I don't think we would want a union with other countries that would drag us down.

I do think; however; that there can be simple measures like opening the borders between countries that have similar economically and culturally. Like opening borders between GCC countries, Al Maghreb countries, Levant countries, etc.

Egypt69, it is funny because Egyptians are usually very pro pan Arabisim.

·
Registered
899 Posts
No we are not "proud to be arab" because we are NOT Arab. We may speak Arabic, we may be a Majority Muslim country. But the Egyptian is Egyptian before being Arab.

Its 2010, and not 1970, the propaganda of Gamal Abdel Nasser is a thing of the past. Wake up.

AND FYI, yes, I am an Egyptian living abroad, and I do not follow any religion....does that make me any less Egyptian? No, I am just as Egyptian as anyone else is.
But pretty much all Egyptians consider themselves to be Arab.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
A union based on mutual ethnicity?

The EU and the institutions before it, created interdependence upon the foundations of centuries of bitter warfare between its member states. In comparison such an "Arab Union" seems a little inward looking to me.

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
^^
i don't even know what is an Arab ?
am an Arabian because am from Arabia "geography" thats it ..
People from the Arabian Peninsula are Arab, those include the countries of Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, and Kuwait.

I think Egypt is better suited with an economic union including Sudan. Seeing as how Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uganda will begin to use more of the Nile's waters for irrigation purposes..

Egypt's economic cooperation has to be southward. Infact Egypt has been very lucky so far that countries like Ethiopia, Uganda had not utilized the waters from the nile. Now with water shortages they plan to do so in the near future.

Figuring out an equitable solution to water sharing rights is key for Egypt.
Exactly. I couldn't agree more. Right now, our issue with the Nile Basin States is a lot more concerning to Egypt and Egyptians than all the Arab issues we drag ourselves into.

Egypt69, it is funny because Egyptians are usually very pro pan Arabisim.
But pretty much all Egyptians consider themselves to be Arab.
Who are you to speak on behalf of all Egyptians?

I would like you to read this section in its entirety, word by word, before continuing this debate please: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptians#Identity

Also read this paragraph very carefully please, it directly answers what you said Koobideh and Smussw:

In late 2007, el-Masri el-Yom daily newspaper conducted an interview at a bus stop in the working-class district of Imbaba to ask citizens what Arab nationalism (el-qawmeyya el-'arabeyya) represented for them. One Egyptian Muslim youth responded, "Arab nationalism means that the Egyptian Foreign Minister in Jerusalem gets humiliated by the Palestinians, that Arab leaders dance upon hearing of Sadat's death, that Egyptians get humiliated in the Arab states of the Persian Gulf, and of course that Arab countries get to fight Israel until the last Egyptian soldier."[33] Another felt that,"Arab countries hate Egyptians", and that unity with Israel may even be more of a possibility than Arab nationalism, because he believes that Israelis would at least respect Egyptians.
I COMPLETELY agree with the interviewee's words which I put in bold. I love everything he said.

After reading that, do you still think "Egyptians consider themselves to be Arab" or "Egyptians are usually very pro pan Arabisim." ??

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
man egypt69.. you hate being called arab.. but you also state who is an arab? you know a lot of people from those countries dont identify as being an arab..

They either identify as being from the gulf, or from their respective country lol

again arab#ethnicity. It was just a way for people to seek commonality.... but in the end, I would rather be called Lebanese and be respected for that

1 - 20 of 797 Posts