Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, i found this in the philippine star. It's about PBA's own basketball stadium. here's the article:

PBA Dome in QC in the works
By Nelson Beltran
Sunday, June 24, 2007
A new central business district with the PBA Dome among its landmarks in the heart of Quezon City is now on the drawing board.

PBA board chairman Ricky Vargas and commissioner Noli Eala met with San Jose Builders top officials Thursday night, talking about possible deals that would help the league realize its cherished dream of having its own coliseum.

“We’re looking at many options but our talks with Quezon City have reached the advanced stage. It’s getting better as we’re impressed with what Quezon City is looking to develop,” Vargas told The STAR.

In the next meeting, San Jose Builders will present to PBA officials a blueprint of the development plan in the sprawling Quezon City site bounded by EDSA, Quezon avenue, Agham road and North avenue.

Already in operation in the site is the Trinoma Mall of the Ayalas.

“There are still a lot of things to be done. No. 1 is to clear the area, second finish the zoning and third come out with the urban plan. But ultimately, it would become a new business district. So it’s really nice,” said Vargas.

“What we want to see is the final plan, determining where’s the right place for the PBA Dome,” Vargas added.

The PBA chairman said they have yet to discuss possible contracts, whether it’s going to be a lease, sale or joint venture.

“At the moment, they just wanted to get our thoughts in building the coliseum so they can include it in the development plan. But we’ve shown how serious we are as we met them at 8:30 p.m.,” said Vargas.

The PLDT top executive is looking to have the groundbreaking done before his term as PBA chairman ends.

The league commissioner, special assistant Willie Marcial and finance officer Jimmy Sunglao have visited the site and they like it with its proximity to everywhere and easy access to transportation.

But Vargas said they are still awaiting the report of a Site and Design committee chaired by Sta. Lucia Realty’s Buddy Encarnado.

“The board is willing to make its decision right away, but we have to go through the process, and that includes waiting for the committee to make its report,” Vargas said.

Vargas said plans on the PBA Dome’s design have been submitted to the league, including those from the constructors of Staples Center and another from a European firm.

·
11,182 Posts
Mukha kasing low-cost housing yung mga nauna nilang condo projects, ewan ko lang yung mga U/C na na Victoria Station at Victoria Towers at yung future Victoria de Manila sa Taft.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i was hoping they would build it in taguig

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think this thread is premature. Wala pang official announcement about the PBA Dome. Anything can still happen.

May pros and cons bawat city. I hope though that QC or Pasay would get this project to spur development in their respective CBDs

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was hoping that the PBA Board would consider the Sta. Ana Racetrack as the site for the PBA Dome. The said site is sprawling and very ideal due to its accessability to almost any point of the Metro, like Manila, Quezon City, Pasig, San Juan, Mandaluyong, Pasay, and even Taguig.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
medyo waste of money if you ask me, madaming lugar to stage the PBA, what's the point, they should just make the worlds tallest skyscraper kung gusto nila ng attraction.

·
Registered
286 Posts
medyo waste of money if you ask me, madaming lugar to stage the PBA, what's the point, they should just make the worlds tallest skyscraper kung gusto nila ng attraction.
@bustero, I agree with you. Building a PBA Dome is a big waste of money, and, yes, pride. I'd be happy if the PBA would consider a project like constructing a building for its retired players, who're not as rich as Alvin Patrimonio, Mon Fernandez, etc.

·
11,182 Posts
Nasa primetime news ngayon... "Manila Zoo, posibleng maging coliseum ng PBA!"
Ayon sa PBA official na ininterview nila... "We are also considering other locations... the Q.C. site is high on our list", parang ganun ang sabi nya.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.