SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are many archaeological sites in Guatemala, The majority of them belonging to Mayan culture. I will try to post the most popular and the best preserved sites here. I will try to post in an orderly fashion, in alpabetical order.

Here are a couple maps of the Maya area, although there are many more sites not shown here on these maps.

Map of Mayan sites both in Mexico and Guatemala

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Abaj Takalik

The height of Abaj Takalik was between 400 B.C until about 400 A.D. It is a Mayan site, how ever, it had strong Olmec influence in its earlier stages. It is Located in Retalhuleu, Southern Guatemala.

Takalik abaj by Moon.of.Paper, on Flickr

Here we have a stela with Mayan writing, one of the few examples of writing from the south pacific coast of Mesoamerica. There is also a calendar date on this stela which i believe datEs to the second century A.D.​

Takalik abaj by Moon.of.Paper, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
:master: :master:

·
Banned
16,689 Posts
I did not understand any political struggle just said that historically and culturally belong to Guatemala, told only the truth

is the same with Corsica in France but France is historically and geographically is italy

I never thought this would be a warning to

anyway, I apologize

·
Banned
16,689 Posts
I can not imagine giving an opinion, never try to cause controversy
I come punished for telling the truth , anyway i dont have any problem taller better

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Lovely :applause:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts