Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wasn't quite sure where else to put this, and it seems like it could be a fairly sizeable development, so have given it its own thread.

From the Planning Explorer -

Application Number - 10O/2604
Site Address - Land at Mount Vernon Green Hall Lane Liverpool L7 8TF
Proposal - To erect 5, 6 and 7 storey buildings (use class B1) and associated landscaping and car parking
Applicant - Archdiocese of Liverpool

The above is an application for outline planning permission only.

Although I'm not 100% certain of which site this is, 5-7 storeys in that area will be quite tall, and it will likely have greater prominence due to being on the top edge of the hill that drops down towards the city centre. It'll be interesting to see the plans when they appear on the Planning Explorer.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isnt that site part of the new road and the new Royal schemes?
The Hall Lane by-pass is further down the hill at that point. It only joins Hall Lane as it nears the Low Hill junction. The new Royal is further down the hill than that, on the other side of the new by-pass.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Tut why waste money on some religious thing? Ergh!
Why would it be a waste if it's a religious building? If it gets used by people and brings a bit of life to a derelict area then that's a great thing. I think B1 is office space so it could be a new HQ for the Archdiocese.

Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if the church were just getting planning permission to raise the value of land they already own. Swell the coffers a bit.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
The Archdiocese is Roman Catholic. Archbishop Blanch, St Hilda's and the other C of E schools would be overseen by the (Liverpool) Diocesan Board of Education.

·
Fiat Lux
7,596 Posts
As long as it doesn't remotely resemble the buildings that house priests and whatnot in the grounds of the Met then I'm happy to see 'parkland' turned urban.

Cheers Archdiocese.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Secularism is the only real guarantee of religious rights. I think you may have meant 'atheist bigotry', although I'd never use that term myself.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
I do not care I cannot bare any religion. How many groups of people have been denied their rights because some people believe in a fairytale and think they are allowed to deny those people their rights because its the 'word of God'?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
God doesn't exist, whereas there is apparently a bridge between Liverpool and Wirral.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
LMAO! Shhhh!

I asked me mate when we watched the BBC North West Tonight and he said its a bridge that connects Liverpool and the Wirral and I was like, "Oh I didnt realise there was one".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bump because this has just been registered last month and all the plans are now available. Comments until 23-03-2011,it says. The new building is on the new retaining wall diagonally opposite Woolton St,and the outline design does seem to mirror the new Uni building there.

Dave.

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks for the bump, I'd forgotten all about this. :cheers:

Copyright to the copyright holder. Shown here for information purposes only.

The development will offer a total of 16,350 sq m/175,000 sq ft of space, which by way of comparison, is only a little smaller than Debenhams at Liverpool ONE. The actual design of the façade is a reserved matter, and the Design & Access Statement makes a point of commenting that the above drawings are not intended to indicate a particular educational treatment, and are merely to give an idea of the scale and massing of the building. The Design & Access Statement also comments that the building will likely not seek to replicate the design of any of its near neighbours due to the quite disparate architectural styles found in the local area.

The Design & Access Statement also reveals that this will be a largely speculative development, with the new building including space for offices, laboratories, and light industrial. The only confirmed tenants so far are Local Solutions, the occupiers of the existing building on the site. They are hoping the close proximity to the University of Liverpool and the Royal Hospital will attract tenants to fill the remaining space in the building.

Related Documents - http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/D...erview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=768917

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New on the Planning Explorer -

Application Number - 11O/2150
Site Address - 1 Mount Vernon Liverpool L7 8TY
Proposal - To erect 3 and 4 storey buildings (Use Class B1) with associated landscaping and car parking. (Outline)
Applicant - Archdiocese of Liverpool

From here - http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/P...kins/Liverpool_M3/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

I'm not 100% sure whether this is application supersedes the above, or whether it is for a second development in the near vicinity of the above.

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To confirm, the Related Documents have revealed that this is a slightly down-sized version of the original application. The application is virtually the same as before in terms of having two separate buildings, and in terms of their positioning on the site, however one of the buildings is now 4 storeys, and the other is 3-4 storeys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts