SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - Hope I'm posting this in the right thread.

Part II student here doing a Literature review on artists/architects/instillation artists etc: who use in their practice 'Walking'

e.g Architects and Installation artists who use walking through the countryside to assist them in their design process.

Wondered of any of you knew of Architects/Artists of the top of your head who actually use walking as one of their mediums to design?

So far I've only come across a group called 'Stalker' which sound very interesting. I've got a fair few artists though, just lacking on architects :eek:hno:

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks

·
16,697 Posts
Probably not appropriate but Brunel walked between London and Bristol on several occasions to survey the best route for the GWML.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is definitely useful thanks :). You don't by any chance have the documentation/webpage about this particular event do you? i've been searching on google about it, but can't seem to fine the specific literature about him walking between london and bristol

thanks again!

·
16,697 Posts
Ah, unfortunately I got that one out of books. If I come across anything else I will be sure to post though.

My only other suggestion would be to read some papers on Semiotics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts