What are your favorite Architects?
From the living ones, Pelli
From the dead ones, I've always been inspired by le Corbusier
There's a big difference between the two, so that's where I stand

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Calatrava, I find his a little repetitive, though it's good that he has his own style.
And I forgot to put Sir Norman Foster, though on a lesser scale.
One architect I'm not much into, even though he's pretty good and I admire his work, is Frank Lloyd Wright

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ I don't even know an architect's name, or care to really. My mind doesn't work that way. I love the buildings that I love - who made them, or didn't, holds no sway with me. I would like to learn a little, who made all my favorite buildings - see if there is a pattern, or anyone that stands out...but, for now, I know nothing. :)

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Daniel Libeskind is pretty good Architect
He designed the New Tower that will be buit at Ground Zero in NYC and i believe he also designed Holocaust Museum in Berlin , a modern library in London amongst other things
He also was one of the nominees in Tirana's project for Skenderbeu square which was won by danish firm
I believe his project was a highrise of 45 stories high and the tower would be in a shape of a needle with a big clock
It obviously didnt win

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Libeskind?! I like his memorial in Berlin, I really do, but that's about it! :runaway:
As for the 'freedom' tower, it's the biggest piece of crap. From his or Childs' project, even when they worked together it became worse. Luckily they scrapped the design for 'security' concers and are doing a new one, and I think they kicked Daniel Libeskind out. Though I'm scared now what Childs is gonna throw at us. Even though he's from SOM and did a good job at the TWC. Well we'll see, but I still wish Pelli could work on the WTC :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
i beleive Libeskind was born in Brooklyn.
Anyway i never seen such selfromoting, greedy,scandalistic ass (same goes for his wife)

and yes try to read his "poetry" :runaway:

·
insatiable
309 Posts
Yes he was born in Lodz in 1946 was it ? and he then fled to America ( as i remember reading in some article about him)... I personally find the Holocaust memorial in Berlin absolutely amazing its really worth a visit for everyone.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,116 Posts
^ that's hideous. Is he the guy that developed the notion that architecture of buildings but not have anything "useless, decorative" ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts