Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Too tall is not an option
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I got a question, sorry if it's the wrong place but how many architects manage to get into designing taller skyscrapers? I'm thinking of maybe getting into architecture but I have to be realistic.
Also, I made a video on architecture about the sort of structures I'd like to design :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i1SVVPbd_I
Those are the sort of structures I'd love to design

·
Administrator
30,228 Posts
Many architects would love do design a skyscraper, but very few actually get do design one. As with a lot of pipe dreams it comes down to talent, effort and luck. Wanting to become an architect just for the sake of wanting to design skyscrapers is ill-advised, but that shouldn't stop you from trying though. The "learning along the way" is almost as much fun as the "getting there" part of the effort. :)

·
Roof height crusader
5,925 Posts
Answer, hardly any, less than 1%

The most likely thing that will happen is you will be a cad monkey for a good few years, then you might have some real responsibilities, that is unless you start your own practise in which case you will have a lot of work and long hours with little money entering competitions ect.. and unless you win some competitions you will struggle to find clients.

Its really a profession for those who are hysterically passionate about it, not for those who want to make money.
Well, I hope the chances of success are better for an engineer cause that is what I'd love to be :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts