Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.architectureweek.org.uk/regional07.asp?region=5

Low Energy Housing

Alan Shingler, Head of Sustainability at Sheppard Robson, will speak about the 60k house and other low energy saving housing Sheppard Robson has designed which are being built in the UK today.

Event Format: Talk
Access: Accessible entrance for people with disabilities : Unknown
Disabled car parking : Unknown
Accessible lift : Unknown
Toilet facilities for people with disabilities : Unknown
Wheelchair spaces available : Unknown
Induction loop/infrared : Unknown
Guide dogs admitted : Unknown
Prior notice required : Unknown

Sheppard Robson
27th Floor, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza
Manchester
M1 4BD

Contact
Claire Brown
Sheppard Robson
0161 233 6969
[email protected]
www.sheppardrobson.com

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
Probably be going to the Sheppard Robson tour on tuesday (only for the views you understand!)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worth a look...

www.manchesterphotography.com

An online exhibition of architectual photography from around Manchester, focusing on buildings often at the end of their useful life.

Event Format: Exhibition
Access:
Accessible entrance for people with disabilities : Unknown

Contact
Mark Page
Www.manchesterphotography.com
0161 228 1170
[email protected]
www.manchesterphotography.com

Please Note: Event organisers are responsible for the accuracy of details relating to their events. Contact the venue/organiser if you require further information.

·
Cowboy of Love
8,096 Posts
I'll come with you :) Shall we organise a meet?
Ive got a nagging feeling i have to do something reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly important that day but cant remember.
Its at 1 in the afternoon so may exclude the worker drones who work or a living. I havent booked yet either so it may be full. I'll email them now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
http://www.architectureweek.org.uk/regional07.asp?region=5

Low Energy Housing

Alan Shingler, Head of Sustainability at Sheppard Robson, will speak about the 60k house and other low energy saving housing Sheppard Robson has designed which are being built in the UK today.

Event Format: Talk
Access: Accessible entrance for people with disabilities : Unknown

Sheppard Robson
27th Floor, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza
Manchester
M1 4BD

Contact
Claire Brown
Sheppard Robson
0161 233 6969
[email protected]
www.sheppardrobson.com
Where's the steps up to the front door? And it's dangerous you could fall out and kill yourself.:)

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where's the steps up to the front door? And it's dangerous you could fall out and kill yourself.:)
ah... a dda compliant slope instead! I know what you mean... a cold snap and a bit of frost, you could end in next doors milk bottles... :)

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
Its all to do with building regs. You have to have a slope upto the front door so someone in a wheel chair can access the building.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Its a shame we didn't have a thread on Architecture Week, earlier. Not working in the field you don't get to hear about these things. I don't remember reading much about it anywhere, either.

Shame. I don't think I could get any time off to see anything.

·
1,450 Posts
Probably be going to the Sheppard Robson tour on tuesday (only for the views you understand!)
I'll come with you :) Shall we organise a meet?
I think gawking at an office I dont work in would be taking the geek factor a bit far for me!

Shame the AMPPS and New Islington tours clash and are both morrow, might go to one or tother if any space but dont know which one hmm...

·
wind-up merchant
15,971 Posts
That's ridiculous, a private address has to have wheelchair access ?
Yep, you'll see the same type of slope on nearly every new house. I reckon there are ways round it but if your selling the new property onto the open market then it has to have extra things in place.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
We've all gone soft. These Polish who come over must look at all the English in the job interview queue, piss their sides and think to their selves in Polish "got the job already"

We spend to much time worrying about tittle tattle. There is no argument against accessibility to public and commercial premises but a private address!

If a disabled person wants a slope on my house, he can get his hand in his pocket, get the Polish bloke in and pay for him to make a concrete slope after I have sold the slopeless property to him.

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
...you don't recognise daddylonglegs' extended family?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts