Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
adamonline quote-[So in other words, if levels 15/16 were exposed on the core at this time last year, you are predicting that at this current rate, that the core will top out late next year?

By rights it should do, as I imagine that less concrete needs to be poured as the building rises, and less mass is needed for structural support.

Does anybody have an idea of approximately when the core and floors will level out respectively?]

I could ask Grocon when they think Eureka will top out?

·
Developer
7,686 Posts
The fllorplates are around 20 levels behind the core so they should top out around 20 weeks after the core tops out or around the start of May 2005.

·
Kasper
462 Posts
500 posts already!?? Let's see who the culprits are...

Total Posts: 553
User Posts
CULWULLA 70
A-brain 57
lozza 41
tayser 37
ciaobellaxo 24
SydneyDude 16
Grollo 16
joed 16
Richo 15
Adamonline 13
Kushantaiidan 12
Dean 12
Fabian 11
flyin_higher 11
silvermb 11
Blabbyboy 10
Philip Burt 9
uewepuep 9
jag 9
chrisaus 9
invincible 8
derf 8
zion 7
kasperluke 7
Bluestar 7
Curtain 5
larven 5
Lil' Flip 5
pikey 5
Trances 5
BigVman 5
mgpenguin 4
maybach 4
mindsample 4
skiesthelimit 4
fishcatdogbird 4
Collin 4
Aussie Steve 4
bearbrass 3
Adam from Oz 3
Steve World Tower 3
MG2 2
SteveMelb 2
pisstake 2
barneybuck 2
Muse 2
spazpecker 2
Billy the Kid 2
yob 2
duke 2
dc 2
finn 2
AG 2
Windstorm 2
Lord Melbourne 2
melbman 2
AtD 1
MelbourneCity 1
zztopless 1
sav 1
Duff 1
DrDan 1
lenicrombie 1
JayT 1
Adamonlineau 1
rondeez 1
falchoon 1

BTW: Great pics in the other Thread a-brain...every time there is a core rise I always look foward to see your pictures from city road....I should have collated them....oh well! keep up the great work!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know as of around June/July this year the settlement for the Riverrise section of the building was to be in July 2004 with occupancy in August 2004.

When talking to one of the vendors contracted to fit out some of the appartments they said that they believed it would be more like November/December '04 which sounded more likely to me.

The thing is if its not going to top out until the end of next year with the floors to follow about 20 weeks later, I fail to see is how the lower floors will have their certificate of residence approved when the building isn't even finished. I could see that it would be fine once the exterior & structure was finished so that only interior constuction needed to be completed on the upper levels but how can you move any occupants in to a construction site?

Once the final setback occurs, I can imagine that the core will rise much quicker, I wouldn't be suprised if from the start of construction in January that the core's final 38 odd floors will be done by Sept/Oct.

·
Banned
21 Posts
Well there are hundreds of people walking around the shopping area at QV and its a construction site as well. Maybe the rules are a lot easier now.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
kasperluke said:
500 posts already!?? Let's see who the culprits are...

Total Posts: 553
User Posts
CULWULLA 70
A-brain 57
lozza 41
tayser 37
ciaobellaxo 24
SydneyDude 16
Grollo 16
joed 16
Richo 15
Adamonline 13
Kushantaiidan 12
Dean 12
Fabian 11
flyin_higher 11
silvermb 11
Blabbyboy 10
Philip Burt 9
uewepuep 9
jag 9
chrisaus 9
invincible 8
derf 8
zion 7
kasperluke 7
Bluestar 7
Curtain 5
larven 5
Lil' Flip 5
pikey 5
Trances 5
BigVman 5
mgpenguin 4
maybach 4
mindsample 4
skiesthelimit 4
fishcatdogbird 4
Collin 4
Aussie Steve 4
bearbrass 3
Adam from Oz 3
Steve World Tower 3
MG2 2
SteveMelb 2
pisstake 2
barneybuck 2
Muse 2
spazpecker 2
Billy the Kid 2
yob 2
duke 2
dc 2
finn 2
AG 2
Windstorm 2
Lord Melbourne 2
melbman 2
AtD 1
MelbourneCity 1
zztopless 1
sav 1
Duff 1
DrDan 1
lenicrombie 1
JayT 1
Adamonlineau 1
rondeez 1
falchoon 1

BTW: Great pics in the other Thread a-brain...every time there is a core rise I always look foward to see your pictures from city road....I should have collated them....oh well! keep up the great work!
70 are you sure? lol
how can that be? but im a sydneyite?:D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Why yet another thread??

Oh well nice to see I'm in 2nd place being the C-man ..

'Wot.. Obsessive.. Me?'

:baaa:

·
Developer
7,686 Posts
pisstake said:
I know as of around June/July this year the settlement for the Riverrise section of the building was to be in July 2004 with occupancy in August 2004.

When talking to one of the vendors contracted to fit out some of the appartments they said that they believed it would be more like November/December '04 which sounded more likely to me.

The thing is if its not going to top out until the end of next year with the floors to follow about 20 weeks later, I fail to see is how the lower floors will have their certificate of residence approved when the building isn't even finished. I could see that it would be fine once the exterior & structure was finished so that only interior constuction needed to be completed on the upper levels but how can you move any occupants in to a construction site?
The lower office floors of the rialto began to be occupied 4 months before the tower was topped out.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
ciaobellaxo said:
Looks like the LSS webcam is having problems. Just getting a blue square at the moment. Anyone else getting the same?
I was getting that too.. but late Saturday arvo its working again..

And *GUESS WHAT* - it looks like we have ourselves a Crane Rise late Saturday arvo...

.. So all is in readiness for one more Pour/Rise this week before Shutdown !!!

Expect pour on Wednesday and Rise on the final working day Saturday ...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gee A-brain you must be sitting out in front of Eureka all day with a Boost Juice in one hand and a ciggy in the other waiting for something to happen!!!!!! LOL!!!!

But yeah I noticed the crane rise (just came home)!! Woohoo!!!

:guns1:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went down to Eureka this arvo (just before the crane rise I think).

The "boxy thingo" is starting to take shape. Hope I haven't put too many photos up!

·
Leps fan
744 Posts
Philip Burt said:
I went down to Eureka this arvo (just before the crane rise I think).

The "boxy thingo" is starting to take shape. Hope I haven't put too many photos up!
Awesome pics PB!! And no you could NEVER put too many pics of the big E up at once ;)

BTW, what is the 'boxy thingo' that you were referring to:?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ciaobellaxo, it's the metal framed attachment to approx. levels 11 - 14 on the left side of the first few photos.

From memory, the renderings show it as something that is purely for decoration in a post-modern kinda way. I know that one of the resident experts on this forum will know more about it than I.

Phil

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
A-brain said:
I was getting that too.. but late Saturday arvo its working again..

And *GUESS WHAT* - it looks like we have ourselves a Crane Rise late Saturday arvo...

.. So all is in readiness for one more Pour/Rise this week before Shutdown !!!

Expect pour on Wednesday and Rise on the final working day Saturday ...
yeah looks like my grocon guy was right for once. he said there would be another rise before xmas break!
50 levels+!
top pix phillip burt.!
that attachment on front of Eureka is kinda weird. i remember putting it on my models i made.
Its definatley decorative.

·
Developer
7,686 Posts
Here is a rendering of 'the box':

I think that Eureka is looking better than the renderings, the colours and materials that are going up are all top notch.

1 - 20 of 773 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.