Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 501 Posts

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
The bubble ride (previous thread) sounds amazing - and a very clever marketing device for the observation deck: bet it will cost cuctomers heaps though ...a price i am unlikely to pay, as i am one of those skyscraper freaks who suffers vertigo ... chickened out once on the Eiffel, and just afraid of those lifts that go up the outside of buildings !

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
attention LARVEN ! ive drawn in FWP and 2SBB in approx positions and height. The FWP just happens to be right behind 2SBB from this view.
see how you go with rendering.
cheers

·
Arsenal4Life
811 Posts
Well if they cant get a restaurant going i highly doubt they will get a ride atop of Eureka going either, just sounds like one of those things that is too good to be true and will never get off the ground, i must say i will be very suprised if i am riding a thrill ride on top of Eureka after it is finished, call me sceptical if u want :) i am!
However, I am all for something different at the ob deck tho......or just something other than standing and looking out!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Before and After!

For easier comparison I've made an animated gif out of those two images: :)

As the rendered picture had been slightly resized, the image appears to jump slightly (I would need to fiddle with one or other of the images to fix it). If that rendering is right, we clearly have quite a way to go yet!

:cheers:

·
Registered
85 Posts
very nice indeed!!! I'm getting a digi cam soon, so I'll be able to go out and get some pics of this beauty!!!
Thanks guys for all the nice pics...Eureka is really going to make a huge impression on our skyline!

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
Hardie said:
Phi,

Absolutely brilliant, how do you guys do this stuff?? I'm a middle aged computer illiterate:(
Nothing too clever in the images I produced, just a photoshop job.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Barsby said:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=116271

It's basically a silverish resi tower that is to be built next to FWP. It's original height was meant to be 218m, but then that was rejected and cut down to 160m. However, the developers are now appealing for the 218m to be built. Hopefully they succeed.

phi1ip,

Yeah, that looks pretty accurate to me, well done! There's certainly a lot more construction to go on Big E, thats for sure!

Oh, and larven, cut the modesty mate! ;) You're a champ with photoshop, your renders border on photorealism! :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all,

the real credit should go to larven for the render - it took me all of a couple of minutes to fiddle with the before and after shots in GraphicConverter (that's an excellent utility you'll find available for Mac) to make an animated gif out of it. Photoshop requires a little more talent than that :)

Nice day outside, what?

·
Registered
77,376 Posts

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
wow, that's two of the best ever tayser (Thursday)...
YIPES ! WHAT'S GOING ON ??? CHECK OUT THE 'RATE OUR SKYLINES' CHART.
Sydney, 3rd last time i looked, down to 54th behind such giants as Macau, Ramat Gan, Israel; Vlissigen, The Netherlands (one tall bldg); and many other senseless anomalies.

Melbourne, 7th last time i looked, down to 103rd! behind all
these, plus many others including Den Haag, Netherlands;
Cascavel, Brazil; Charlotte,US; Hangzou, China; Anshon,
China; Zhuhai, China; Yellowknife,Canada;
San Gimignano, Italy: Louisville, US; Lima, Peru;
and - get this - Tampa, Florida: HOME OF Deadeshit-Of-The-Year Agent Orange!

Falling about further ...montreal, 18th, Putrayana, 19th,
Vancouver, 20th, Auckland, 45th :eek2:Someone tell me i;'ve gone delusiional quickly, 'cause I';m copying this for comparative pics thread on Ozscapers...Tijuana 55th

1 - 20 of 501 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.