Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oz-Asian
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering since there are about 300000 khmer in USA and lots more in canada, and say about 90% have internet access of some sort then cambodia that has 15 million but only 5% have internet = 750000 but those in cambodia arent as internet savvy, so why are most khmer websites (excluding government and cambodian businesses) american, and why arent are most forumers from america not cambodia ???

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
I didn't know most Khmer websites are developed in America, but assuming that is true,

I guess the 5% internet users you have here are just users, and few website developer.

And internet usage just got pickup in the pass few years, whereas in the west, internet is part of life since the mid 90s.
So there are heaps more developers in the west.

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
i was wondering since there are about 300000 khmer in USA and lots more in canada, and say about 90% have internet access of some sort then cambodia that has 15 million but only 5% have internet = 750000 but those in cambodia arent as internet savvy, so why are most khmer websites (excluding government and cambodian businesses) american, and why arent are most forumers from america not cambodia ???
Cambodians in Canada is small compared to the US. Why? I think they are not so much interested in what we are interested in.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
^^ What are we interested in? or should I say, what are Khmer's in Cambodian (or America, or even Canada) interested in?

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts
^^ What are we interested in? or should I say, what are Khmer's in Cambodian (or America, or even Canada) interested in?
We are interested in what we are doing in this forum. Others may be interested in other forums and/or other things.

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
But the question is why are most khmer websites american?

Asiadragon, what is these American's Khmer website about?

·
In the br i g
2,250 Posts

That is the first question, but my answer is to the second question - "why arent most forumers from america not cambodia?''

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
our 5% in Cambodia are probably young and mostly FB/twitter people, and not forum type people. Those that stay in forums are more likely to start internet use before the facebook era.

·
Oz-Asian
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

mainly about the usage of sites such as facebook, twitter, blogs and forum,
especially blogs not many from cambodia, also the charitable and politcal sites seem to all come from america, like khmerization

·
Home Energy Reactor
7,077 Posts
I must be old fashion, I don't use blogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts