Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I open this thread dedicated to the shopping malls in Argentina. In the first post, there's the Abasto Shopping Mall (video and pictures taken by me):

SHOPPING ABASTO

With the end of the Soviet Union and the new wave of capitalism in the world, the big corporations came to Argentina. The Abasto Shopping is an important and symbolic part of that wave. It is an old market of the city with its quite special art deco style and huge spaces, part of a revitalization plan for the neighborhood, stoped in the times of the crisis of 2001, and brought to life again after the recovery of the country in 2003.

These are the pictures and the video:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
GALER脥AS PAC脥FICO (MICROCENTRO)

These are the Galer铆as Pac铆fico. Based on the old italian galleries (specially the Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle II of Milan), the Galer铆as Pac铆fico are the demonstration of the wealthy society of Argentina at the end of the 19th Century. The country was developing real fast, and Buenos Aires became one of the most important capital cities in the world, where gorgeous palaces and big commercial buildings were built.

The Galer铆as Pac铆fico are the most expensive shopping in Argentina, almost made exclusively for the foreign first class tourism. In its roofs, you may see some amazing murals, made by famous artists such as Antonio Berni and Spilimbergo.

These are the images:

Matheus Lima 1N23456
Que espa莽o agrad谩vel. :cheers2:

Reactions: EMArg

Click my photos to go big

Registered
N煤men贸r毛 Last Warrior
Really nice The Distrito Arcos, nice thread mister

1 - 20 of 20 Posts