SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ..i wanted to show you my pictures from this trip to the northwest of the country , this region is completely different from the rest of Argentina , people , weather , food , towns ,landscapes , it all is very authentic and special...i really loved visiting the area so thats why i want to share it with everyone...enjoy it! :)

so having enough of landscapes we start with the city of Salta where the population is about 500.000 inhabitants.

Tilcara and Purmamarca are a couple hippie towns , very nice...you can just chill and enjoy the colours if you know what i mean..:)

·
Troublemaker
2,241 Posts
very nice,dry region,with a nice landscape,kinda different really.
was this region part of paraguay or bolivia?

·
Troublemaker
2,241 Posts
^^
yeah I noticed,I just want to know if some day in history of Argentina this was territory of another country...like in Brazil the state of Acre was once bolivian

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice,dry region,with a nice landscape,kinda different really.
was this region part of paraguay or bolivia?
^^
yeah I noticed,I just want to know if some day in history of Argentina this was territory of another country...like in Brazil the state of Acre was once bolivian

This part of the country has been always argentine but it was once claimed by Bolivia , the conflict lasted more than 60 years and it was only until 1889 that both countries got to an agreement so Bolivia quited " La Puna de Atacama " current Salta and Jujuy and Argentina surrended Tarija.

·
Troublemaker
2,241 Posts
^^
hey mglouis,thanks for the info man ( :

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice thread my friend! Salta is beautiful and unique.

Gotta love those multicoloured mountains.

:wave:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Argentina is one of the most interesting countries, I think. It stretches from the tropics straddling the Brazilian border to the Antarctic.

·
Banned
113 Posts
That's bordering the Bolivian border, looks interesting

is kind of like El Paso in USA I guess... (Actually I know that border but not the Argentine border)...

Did you reach the border??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts