SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Little Rock & Arkansas Development News

Sunrise and traffic. by clay.wells, on Flickr

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another tower has been announced for Downtown Little Rock..the new tower is called River Market Tower and will cost $80 million and include a 19 story tower and a 8 story hotel. The tower will contain 152 condominiums and the hotel will have 120 rooms..it should be finished in 2009..here are the renderings of the project..

you can also visit the web site at www.rivermarkettower.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
Very interesting, good news for Little Rock. I always like going through Little Rock on my way to Shreveport.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Nice design!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
That's a pretty nice project there. Reminds me of the Vistas on the James condo tower under construction in Richmond which will be 18 floors and 162 units:

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Very nice to get an update on Little Rock, a city that has impressed me with its skyline. Maybe this thread can be revised to consider ALL the projects in Little Rock, particularly in the downtown area ;) I say that because it will be easier for us to follow the progress. Thanks for sharing the good news :eek:kay:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice to get an update on Little Rock, a city that has impressed me with its skyline. Maybe this thread can be revised to consider ALL the projects in Little Rock, particularly in the downtown area I say that because it will be easier for us to follow the progress. Thanks for sharing the good news
Your welcome..well clearly the projects dont stop here..they are currently finishing up Moses Tuckers 300 third tower and they just proposed their new 19 story tower..and they are on the works of the next one to be proposed..."The Stephens Empire" is suppose to be announcing his big plans for Downtown Little Rock soon...its supposed to be major..and i found an article at ArkansasBusiness.com about more high rise condos coming to Little Rock..here is the article..

More High-Rise Condos Coming to Little Rock
By Gwen Moritz

11/8/2006 11:54:36 AM

Yet another high-rise condominium complex is being planned for Little Rock, according to a news advisory issued Wednesday.

The advisory gives few details – just that an “invitation-only event” will be held Thursday evening to “reveal the details of the luxury high-rise condominium complex planned for Little Rock’s Riverdale district.” The timing is just six days after real estate developers Jimmy Moses and Rett Tucker announced plans for an $80 million, 19-story, 152-condo development in downtown Little Rock.

The advisory was e-mailed Wednesday morning by Eric Lancaster of Eric Rob & Isaac Inc. on behalf of Blue Cube Development LLC of Little Rock, a year-old company led by John Moore. Its primary claim to fame is the failure early this year of its plan for a commercial development on Highway 89 in Cabot, which met neighborhood resistance and failed to win rezoning approval from the Cabot City Council.

Also on the list of presenters at Thursday’s announcement are Little Rock Mayor Jim Dailey; Matt Bell, co-owner of Bell-Corley Construction; James Williams of Williams & Dean Architects; and Joe White of White-Daters Engineering.

Moore said he would not release more details of the development before the meeting on Thursday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Moses Tucker added another floor to the River Market Tower to top the tower out at 20 stories..The added floor will include additional amenities...300 3rd Tower also had an additional floor added during construction..it went from 17 to 18...MT said that sales have exceeded his expectations...

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
I like this design much more than the Richmond tower

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm very excited about the Rivermarket Tower at Rivermarket Place. They're supposed to be breaking ground soon. The Rivermarket is very exciting now days, but so is the north side of the river. Both downtowns are very progressive and becoming quite impressive.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Besides Little Rock's stunning downtown skyline, the city has great green space aswell.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heres some new development news for Little Rock..The parking lot at Commerce and President Clinton is under contract to the operator of the Courtyard and Hampton Inn in the RM area. The talk is they want to build a seven story Aloft hotel on the site. A spokesman for the library has already voiced opposition to the building because of the height. The lot is between the Butler Center and the police sub-station. heres the rendering

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Development News

Little Rock National Airport is FINALLY getting a much needed face lift... Over the next ten years, LIT airport will experience incremental growth that will begin with what is considered the first phase of the terminal renovation project. The $53 million project, approved by the Municipal Airport Commission in April (2010), will begin in early 2011 and is expected to take two years to complete. Improvements include a new inline baggage system, upgraded ticketing lobby and energy upgrades.

Following the first phase completion, second phase development of the airport will include construction of a new terminal commons, a new 16-gate concourse, a new baggage claim, international arrival facility, inbound roadway and parking improvements.. In just 2 days, August 23rd, construction to expand the checkpoint screening area at Little Rock National Airport will begin. Here are some renderings..

You can also visit the website here:http://www.2020visionplan.net/
where you can view a video tour of the new facility.

I must say, this is a MUCH needed proud improvement. Our current airport is very outdated and embarrassing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts