SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
transatlanticism
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy all.
recently bought a new camera! so i have been for a stroll around my area, hope you enjoy the tour!

First stop is the green, Eastern suburb of Burnside

The local butcher:

This old building has been converted into a private residence:

Burnside Christian Church:

Most of the districts streets look the same! plenty of trees!

First Creek is a tributary of the Torrens River, which flows from Waterfull Gully, through Burnside and eventually meets the River near the Adelaide Zoo:

Local Bed and Breakfast:

The Precinct houses a gym, restaurant, jeweler and several medical practices:

The Feathers Inn is widely considered as one of Adelaide's most up market pubs:

Typical Burnside homes:

Local Shops on Glynburn Road, also has one of the best Pizza places around:

Saint John Vianney's Catholic Church:

Saint David's Anglican Church:

First Burnside Council Chambers:

Local post Office:

View up Glynburn Road towards Beaumont:

Next is the adjacent suburb of Beaumont

Beaumont House, a distinctive, National Trust home

Beaumont Common is one of the area's most prestigious addresses:

Skyline peeping through the trees:

Thanks! more will come!

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Nice photos Mants, I usually visit Burnside a fair bit as I have family living there.

Tays, pretty sure Downer lives in the Aldgate-Stirling area.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice photos Mants, I usually visit Burnside a fair bit as I have family living there.

Tays, pretty sure Downer lives in the Aldgate-Stirling area.
He lives in Crafers... well fairly sure - I've been inside his house - his daughter used to babysit me and my brother when we were little.

Mants - Wonderful photos there, You've got yourself a sweet little camera to capture such beauty. Have you ever been to The Place Next Door breakfast restuarant?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
He lives in Crafers... well fairly sure - I've been inside his house - his daughter used to babysit me and my brother when we were little.

Mants - Wonderful photos there, You've got yourself a sweet little camera to capture such beauty. Have you ever been to The Place Next Door breakfast restuarant?
Its not a breakfast place, and yeah its a nice restaurant pretty sure it used to be a petrol station years ago. Love the name - The Place Next Door :lol:

·
transatlanticism
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks!

yes i've been there a couple of times, it's just adjacent to the Feathers Hotel, hence the name! i personally prefer the little cafe opposite Devereux Corner in Linden Park, just down the road. try it out some time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts