Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
@ Bullu, that's Corfu town. Where the tall Achilles statue is and along with the other Ionian Islands was never subject to Ottoman rule.

NMBS :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

You've packed in what seems like a lot of Greeces beauty in one thread. Well done!! Although my two favourite islands are not represented.

Does anyone know where this is? Could it be Halki island?

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
@neorion

So it's an island?
Yes, it's on an island, but it's more like a small city than a resort town.

btw I didn't ask wheter it was subject to ottoman rule or not but thx for the info anyway...
Don't mean to throw TMI at you, but just thought you might want to know. It's always interesting getting a bit of background on places, especially the ones you like. I'll keep the TMI at a minimum for you.

Anyway, looking at the pics makes me so envious as winter is upon us here. Cruel I tell you!!!

·
ΚAΣΤΡΟ ΤΟY&#924
64 Posts
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!

Pragmatika panemorfe olles oi Fotografies.

Gia na blepoume tin panemorfi PAtrida mas, mono i Serres loipoune, alla den piorazi otan tha katevo, tha vgalo kai kapies Foto apo ekei kai tha tis postaro.

Bravo akomi mia fora:wave:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bravo...trully an amazing collection of photos.... enjoyed each one.

Your photos capture the architectural and landscape diversity of Greece.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
You have reinforced the following points to me:

1. Hellas is the most beautiful country on earth.

2. Texans never do anything half-assed!

@Istanbullu
Corfu (kerkyra) is definitely an island, but the photo, along with some others shown are from Corfu's capital city. Those pictures however don't do it justice. Suggest you take a look at the Corfu dedicated threads on this forum.

Also, what are you doing in Perth. I'm working in Australia at the moment.

@anyone
Which island is this? It's beautiful..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts