SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I was bored today, but since it was a nice day, I took some photos around Idaho Falls.

Let's begin with Idaho Falls' tallest commercial building.

Some new buildings in the Zions Bank development. I forgot to take a photo of Zions Bank itself, but it is similar in style to these two.

Notice the roundabout with the big rock fountain.

The Museum of Idaho. They are currently doing something on flight and spaceflight.

And these two massive beer breweries a few miles south of Idaho Falls.
the Budweiser Brewery (Probably the tallest structure in Idaho aside from radio towers)

the Corona Brewery (at least 16 stories tall)

I'll add more soon. ;)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
pwright1--Actually I live in Rexburg right now, but I commute to Idaho Falls almost every day as I go to college there.

Idaho Falls is still fairly small, with a population of around 51,000-52,000. Outside of Metro Boise it's Idaho's second largest town (Nampa is a bit bigger but it's in the Boise metro.)

Nevertheless, I think Idaho Falls should grow up a little. It doesn't even have a real highrise. Two or three 12-20 floor buildings would definately improve the atmosphere of the place, and make it more scenic. I'm hoping that Melaleuca will build a highrise building for their World Headquarters somewhere in old downtown. However it's probably unlikely. The only other big employer in Idaho Falls is Lockheed Martin, and they work out of the Idaho National Laboratory's facilities next to my campus.

http://www.melaleuca.com/

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I should try to make this panorama again, but I'll have to retake the photos
because I never overlap enough when I take the shots, not to mention I
didn't use a tripod. I'll wait until the deciduous trees green up.

Idaho Falls used to be called Eagle Rock a long time ago until they built these
artificial falls to power the hydroelectric turbine by the water tower (it's just
off camera to the right).

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I grew up in the area, so I am used to it. I don't really like or dislike Idaho Falls. It is just kinda there.

Well I wonder how long it takes Emporis to approve a photo? I submitted those two of Red Lion Hotel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
JPSLtd said:
I grew up in the area, so I am used to it. I don't really like or dislike Idaho Falls. It is just kinda there.

Well I wonder how long it takes Emporis to approve a photo? I submitted those two of Red Lion Hotel.
don't they give u money if u send them a picture?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
flatiron94 said:
How do you submit photos to emporis????????
You have to become one of their photographers, or if you know one of them they can submit a photo for you. That's how my older photos of SLC and Seattle got on there, but they aren't linked to my extranet account now that I'm one of thier photographers. Ironically I used those old photos to get accepted.

You can apply here: http://www.emporis.com/en/ab/he/pa/ph/

Your photos would need to be roughly the quality of mine I believe. I can do some post editing to touch them up a little (color, contrast, saturation, clarify, sharpen).

On another note, I may take a trip up to Missoula and Bozeman later this summer and get more of their buildings added to Emporis. They have more tall buildings than Emporis shows.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ncvegas said:
don't they give u money if u send them a picture?
Only if someone wants to buy the usage rights to your photo from Emporis, which doesn't happen very often from my understanding. I'm just doing it for fun.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ya, you should go north on the freeway and there is a Budweiser grainery that has a HUGE picture of Clydesdales on the side. Awesome!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts