·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now on-site so needs its own thread.

Details -
Application Number - 14F/0024
Site Address - 10-14 Jamaica Street Liverpool L1 0AF
Proposal - To erect 6/7 storey mixed use building, incorporating 99 one bedroom apartments (Class C3) with ancillary residential uses, including communal lounge and gym and 9 commercial (A1 and/or B1) units at ground floor.
Applicant - Lawless Developments Limited
From here - http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/P...ins/Liverpool_WIP/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

Site plan and renders originally posted by woody. These 9/10 storey plans were amended during the planning process and the building will now be 6/7 storeys -
First photo of work underway, originally posted by buggedboy -

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Lawless is the surname of one of the people behind the Park Lane plan.

edit - Elliott Lawless is indeed the man behind this and the Park Lane plan. He is also been involved in plans for houses on Canning Street and Hope Street, no idea what has happened to the plans if anything.

·
Human Being
42,980 Posts
Interestingly, for such a young man - he has quite a history. He's only 26/27 - and yet has been the director of multiple companies including an 'accident management' company.

Names can sometimes be almost comical, in Dickensian fashion. The owners of The slowly decaying Lyceum Building on Bold street are called 'Panther Securities' - based in London.

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From earlier -

The old buildings are now almost down, with just a small piece left on the corner of Bridgewater Street -

Not the best angle, but through the old wall from Kitchen Street. As you can see in BB's photo further up, the Bridgewater Street side of the site is only secured with Block and Mesh fencing, giving great views into the site. Unfortunately a large truck was blocking this view while I was in the area, but if anyone is down that way, you can get a good look from this angle -

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I'd like to think that these buildings are easily convertible for changing living trends and markets. We've done well turning mills and factories into flats of all sizes so i'm sure blocks such as this can be turned around if the market turns.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Revised scheme....

Cheers Chris B for this new thread, revised scheme taken off Planning Explorer....

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^

It was felt that 9/10 storeys was a little too tall for the area. While it would certainly have been at the top end of building heights in the immediate vicinity, with the warehouses on the opposite corner at 7/8 storeys, I don't think it would have been completely incongruous. Indeed, although the planners wouldn't have known at the time, if the 20/25 storeys plans for further along Park Lane ever come to fruition, it might have served as a useful step down in height from the talls, to the more modest heights in the rest of the Baltic Triangle.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Redesign's not up to much is it? That interesting roofline has been value engineered out thanks to the drop in height.

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suppose we should be grateful it's on-site, and hasn't been turned into another surface car park, as we've seen happen too many times. But this does feel all a little slow, given they've been on-site for two and a half months.

Trenches being dug on the Jamaica Street/Bridgewater Street corner for the foundations -
https://flic.kr/p/oKieio

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just found this thread as I have some pics & video to poat.

Chris most of your earlier photos aren't showing anymore I'm seeing a bandwidth error message & your recent LIPA crane are on Flickr have you left Photobucket ?.
I used Flickr for years with no bandwidth problems.

I've added you on Flickr

I'll post my pics later, I can't uploaded from work...

·
Registered
16,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^

Yes I've started using Flickr due to the bandwidth issue at Photobucket. The older photos will all return in a few days when the free monthly allowance there resets. I don't have the time to go through well over a thousand photos in a couple of dozen threads and edit the links to point to Flickr not Photobucket, so have decided to leave the older links as is. Hopefully the fact they are older and therefore are not on the most recent page of each thread, and so are not being reloaded everytime someone checks the thread for the most recent update will mean I should stay within Photobucket's free allowance. All new photos will be posted to Flickr going forward.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts