Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Plan for the Ashdod "Blue Marina" is now proposed and is likely to get approved as it was proposed by Ashdod's city planner.
The plan will Include a huge 15.000 square meters lake in the heart of the Marina with Cafe's, bars and restaurants around it as well as tourism spots. The plan also includes 5 hotels in the heights of , 17, 20, 27 and 32 floors on the coast line which will include 2000 hotel rooms for the Ashdod Reviera.
300 house units were also added.

Thats how its gonna look (50% is already built)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I know that the marina itself is done, but are the towers around it are done or U\C?

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its U\C... 2 22 floors towers are already done

·
Banned
164 Posts
but they wanted to delete the lake for more shopping, no?

also who need a lake - when you have a sea?
make it into a swimming pool!

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
livni said:
but they wanted to delete the lake for more shopping, no?

also who need a lake - when you have a sea?
make it into a swimming pool!
Yes and it would have created another area in Ashdod which is full of buildings and malls (what we have all over the city anyway) the point of this area is to create a high class reviere which will attract tourists and people from all over Israel to enjoy the beauty this city has to offer.... what they wanted to do is to create another living neighbourhood, we must not forget a house there now costs around 400.000$ for a 4 room apartment, people who buy homes there dont want another City area, they want something else

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I dont think ashdod needs a lake right next to the sea, its a waste pf space.. I also agree some swimming pools , a waterpark and green areas would be much better

also rom is it true that the entire marina will be closed off to the public so that
you cant go from beach to beach you have to walk all the way around?
if its true it means stealing the beach from the public!

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
source26 said:
I dont think ashdod needs a lake right next to the sea, its a waste pf space.. I also agree some swimming pools , a waterpark and green areas would be much better

also rom is it true that the entire marina will be closed off to the public so that
you cant go from beach to beach you have to walk all the way around?
if its true it means stealing the beach from the public!
Just the place where the boats dock is closed for the public, the rest is opened and already has a restaurant, in a year or two the place will be full of restaurants and leisure spots.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ 400,000$ for 4 rooms in ashdod... wow

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
source26 said:
^^ 400,000$ for 4 rooms in ashdod... wow
Ashdod is getting more and more expensive, I always call it the unheard of pearl of Israel. Nobody knows anything about this city but its a beautiful 220.000 people city which is just getting better and better and has a perfect location (20-25 minutes from TLV and 40-45 from Jerusalem)

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
yeah its a good investment, the french buyers did good deals, I think the prices will only go up because ashdod will grow to be the second tel aviv.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ ashdod has more potential because it has a lot of small cities and villages around it that it is their main center. and the huge port, and space to grow west
(which it isnt even started to develop).

so we will see

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ ashdod is not my area.. but they are also developing an industry zone like netanya

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who are you kidding Zohar? Ashdod has a huge industrial area (just look at the map) many outside people are working in Ashdod whether in the port,Marina, Power plant, Gas silos, the refinries or many other places.... not to mention of crucial thing, Ashdods expanding options are unlimited whether its to the south, north or west, its simply endless had to that the fact Ashdod is a metropoline of its own and you got it... a Metropoline which is expected to reach 300.000 people by 2020 kicking out Rishon and Haifa on its way to Israels third biggest city

·
Praise The RoM
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, published estimations

1 - 20 of 39 Posts