·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is a hard one cause it says "biggest" not "best". I don't know quite how big Seoul's skyline is, I know Singapore has a small skyline, so I am going to go with Hong kong because it is the one I am most familiar with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hong Kong for it's extreme density, then Dubai, for the future when the Palms finish and when the developments in Jebel Ali have finished.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shanghai

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nongkhai_tong said:
That the reson why you made this poll right?
no,I just want to know which city has bigger skyline

·
== Lord of Skeleton ==
2,130 Posts
I think BKK skyline is pretty big as well though not as many outstanding buildings as it supposed to have. This is quantitative question requiring measurement for the right answer. Best nominates are HK, Tokyo, Seoul, Shianghai and Bangkok.

·
öh
296 Posts
Well, how do you define 'big' in terms of a skyline? No. of buildings? Height of bldgs? Area covered by highrise bldgs?
Or did you mean which city has the most stunning skyline? 'Big' might be the wrong word.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't like the chinese skylines because they have loads of big buildings wich just aren't beautiful - except for example Jin Mao Tower, and of course Hong Kong - wich is imo asias best skyline, than seoul, tokyo, singapore, kuala lumpur, shanghai, taipeh, dubai,...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Depends on definition
The statistics for cities like tokyo, shanghai, beijing and seoul are so imcomplete ... and also should we only used city-figures or larger metro figures?
and where do you draw the larger metro line ...
what you consider a skyline ...does it only consists of skyscrapers??? or smaller buildings like mid-rise and churches ... 12 story?20 story? 90m?
Just some thoughts ...

In terms of the larger metropolis with no height variable ... I am guessing Tokyo, Seoul, shanghai and Beijing ...
as they are the largest metro in asia ... henceforth the most buildings
Larger tokyo itself has like 36+million with many cities put together ... i am sure each one has a place to live ... so theres really no view where you can capture the whole place ...
in terms of city and height I am guessing hk ... almost all the developed land are skyscrapers ...

·
Or is it?
10,769 Posts
Quantity:

1. Hong Kong
2. Bangkok-Shanghai-Singapore
3. Seoul-Tokyo-Malaysia

Quality:

1. Tokyo-Hong Kong
2. Seoul-Shanghai
3. Bangkok-Malaysia-Singapore

IMO so please don't get mad anyone :D