SkyscraperCity Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Some more of my beginner efforts ;)
Took these the last few nights from my backyard in Perth Australia, all with a Nikon d5100........
really nice...!:eek:kay: i was hoping more members would post their own astrophotography pics...

anyway, i'm a newbie too and i was playing with the deepskystacker, is it a memory hog?? i noticed when i try to use just 5 images my computer would get really really slow...

:cheers:

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
really nice...!:eek:kay: i was hoping more members would post their own astrophotography pics...

anyway, i'm a newbie too and i was playing with the deepskystacker, is it a memory hog?? i noticed when i try to use just 5 images my computer would get really really slow...

:cheers:
Thanks mate, I was hoping for that too but still, these pro pics are nice :)

I haven't really noticed it being a memory hog or anything, I've only just started using it over the last few days. There's a check box under OPTIONS-SETTINGS-STACKING SETTINGS-OUTPUT that lets you prioritize CPU usage, try that.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
It's been a while but I've finally found the time to head out of the city a little bit and take advantage of some darker skies. I was still in the light pollution zone, about half an hour from my house but I did get significantly more detail in my images. I had to wake up at 4am to get these :D

The Great Rift - Stacked by inefekt69, on Flickr
This is the only image that I used stacking software with, the others are single shot, long exposures.

20130317-DSC_0320 by inefekt69, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Certified Gamer
44 Posts
The Trifid and Helix nebulas are breathtakingly beautiful. What kind of camera and its brand did you use to take pictures of these things in space? Did you also take a photo of a moon with halo ring around it?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Reactions: Zaz965 and will101

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Some more of my recent stuff...........

These first four images were taken from the Pinnacles Desert, a small desert about two hours north of Perth, Western Australia famous for its limestone monoliths which jut out of the desert landscape.

Milky Way over the Pinnacles Desert - Cervantes, Western Australia by inefekt69, on Flickr

Milky Way over The Pinnacles, Western Australia by inefekt69, on Flickr

Windswept Tree beneath the Milky Way - Pinnacles Desert, Western Australia by inefekt69, on Flickr

Star Trails - Nambung Sand Dunes by inefekt69, on Flickr

These last three images were taken at the Stirling Ranges National Park, about four hours south of Perth. The mountain ranges rise to about 2000ft (1200m) and are the only place in the state that gets regular snowfall in winter. The skies are really dark, close to a 1 on the Bortle Scale.....

Night Sky over the Stirling Ranges by inefekt69, on Flickr

Milky Way - Stirling Ranges National Park, Western Australia by inefekt69, on Flickr

Milky Way @ 35mm - Stirling Ranges, Western Australia by inefekt69, on Flickr

41 - 60 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.