SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buckhead's Next Tower Could Be ATL's Tallest In Years

750 Park Avenue

Monday, July 29, 2013

There's a new player with a familiar face in the race to build apartment towers in Buckhead, ground zero for top-shelf rentals. Developer John Kusmiersky is planning a 39-story luxury high-rise next door to Phipps Plaza that, at more than 500 feet, would be Atlanta's tallest residential tower in several years, the Atlanta Business Chronicle reports. The project is called 1000 Park Avenue, and it would launch the second phase of Kusmiersky's "Park Avenue" concept near the luxury mall. The proposed tower would include at least 200 units and basically mirror the existing 750 Park Avenue tower (pictured here), which was opened in 1999.

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1000 Park Avenue clears approval hurdle: http://www.buckheadview.com/2013/07/39-story-residential-tower-near-phipps.html

A 39-story luxury apartment tower dubbed 1000 Park Avenue L.P. has cleared a significant hurdle in getting a permitting green-light from the Design Review Committee for Buckhead's SPI-12 (Special Public Interest district), BuckheadView reports. The tower, by veteran Atlanta condo developer John Kusmiersky, will mirror its neighbor, 750 Park Avenue, on a two-acre site next door to Phipps Plaza.

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Permits Filed for Buckhead Residential High-Rise at Phipps

What was once slated to be one of Buckhead's tallest high-rises is finally moving forward next to Phipps Plaza. According to BisNOW, 1000 Park Avenue is negotiating the permitting process in anticipation of commencing construction. When plans were first unveiled back in mid-2013, the developer Wood Partners hoped to build a 39-story tower. However, it was announced early last year that the tower would be much shorter, a mere 27 stories. Nonetheless, with permits in process, the tower gets added to the list of projects happening in the neighborhood.

·
12,028 Posts
Nice to see this going in. From the outside it's a far sight prettier than its compatriot tower.

·
12,028 Posts
Helluva lot better than 750 Park.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
I disagree

This looks like it belongs in Naples or Ft Myers. 750 Park has nice scale and is a very good form. I also like the outdoor space. This new building lacks character. by far the weakest architecture in the area.

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
It looks exactly like it belongs in Buckhead, architecture and all. I don't see anything wrong with it for the location.

·
Registered
667 Posts
2/1

Hasn't been a construction update on this project yet. Thankfully, our friend Atlanta3000 posted one on another forum.

Slowly starting to get out of the ground. Hard to see though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts