1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Love me, love my dog...
3,075 Posts
I don't think it's dead. It is listed as a "future phase" of the 12th & Midtown project that began in 2006...they are nearing completion of 60 11th Street (fifth tower so far), so maybe it will begin sometime after that. :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Its definitely not dead. This team develops as the market allows and there are several more phases of 12th & Midtown still to come.

With all of the Tech companies coming to Midtown, available office space is dwindling. In addition, a couple of the big law firms are starting explore their future office space needs. I think a new "spec" office tower is more likely in Midtown now than it has been since before the recession. I put spec in quotations because it would likely not start as a 100% speculative tower.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
A few nights ago i went by the midtown alliance open house for some of the street changes that might happen. The Kimberly-Horn people were doing a great job with some really challenging people who wanted to express their opinions. A few of the concerned citizens asked about a light at 13 and Juniper. It was explained that it would be pointless because of the construction on that lot for the next two years. There is also that weird proposal from Dewberry next door but I think that thing was deed in the water from the start.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A few nights ago i went by the midtown alliance open house for some of the street changes that might happen. The Kimberly-Horn people were doing a great job with some really challenging people who wanted to express their opinions. A few of the concerned citizens asked about a light at 13 and Juniper. It was explained that it would be pointless because of the construction on that lot for the next two years. There is also that weird proposal from Dewberry next door but I think that thing was deed in the water from the start.
Dewberry has listed the retail spots on loopnet so never say never. :banana:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Maybe they were talking about the Campanile retail addition? There has been no plans presented to the Midtown DRC about this proposal yet which leads me to believe we're at least 1.5-2 years from any dirt being moved on this particular site.

·
jupiter
344 Posts
That is what dewberry is talking about, nobody seems to be listening. The very cool architectural top was already taken off. The small block to the south is currently logistics and offices for Selig and Danial corps projects.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There is a rumor that this project has landed an anchor tenant for the office space and will break ground in 2018. At one point, they eliminated the office component and were proposing a condo/apartment tower but I suppose that is now changed. Stay tuned... :cheers2:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
It ain't breaking ground this year if we haven't had an official press release or DRC presentation.
it is just a rumor but if there is an anchor tenant, I have no doubt this can happen. 740 West Peachtree/ Anthem presented to the DRC in July 2017 and broke ground last month - little more than 6 months later. NCR presented to the DRC in July 2015 and broke ground 6 months later.

Also, I noticed that several recent projects have only taken about 3 months to get their land development permit approved as opposed to the typical 5-6 months. This might be due to a more streamlined permitting process which was one of the goals of the new planning commissioner.

·
Registered
667 Posts
it is just a rumor but if there is an anchor tenant, I have no doubt this can happen. 740 West Peachtree/ Anthem presented to the DRC in July 2017 and broke ground last month - little more than 6 months later. NCR presented to the DRC in July 2015 and broke ground 6 months later.

Also, I noticed that several recent projects have only taken about 3 months to get their land development permit approved as opposed to the typical 5-6 months. This might be due to a more streamlined permitting process which was one of the goals of the new planning commissioner.
I'd imagine Selig would want to break ground at 1105 first. We still haven't even gotten the ground broken there yet. That's why I'm skeptical of any movement at 1125.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There are a lots of rumblings about this project that 1) they have an anchor tenant for the office space, 2) that the tenant is one of the big law firms, 3) that crews were surveying the site last week, 4) that an announcement will come this year, 5)the it could include a Ritz Carlton hotel, and 6) that the tower will be taller than Opus. :uh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts