1 - 20 of 2506 Posts

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Is this appropirate jmascuso?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here are some drawings of 166 16th street development next to Atlantic Station proposed by Wood partners who partnered with Novare on their first few projects. The Home Park neighborhood association has now approved the project.
Btw they're still seeking a grocery store to fill much of the retail space.

·
Registered
420 Posts
According to an article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deloitte & Touche might be leaving 191 Peachtree. If they decide they want a new building, that would mean a new tower somewhere (50 Allen Plaza?). I'm guessing they're going to look around and then get a sweatheart deal to stay at 191.

Of course, I'd love for them to move to 50 Allen Plaza and then have UPS buy 191 so they could be intown. Not likely to happen since I'm pretty sure UPS owns their current building so it would be like just moving when a lease is up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't think it's time for another 1000' yet. We need to concentrate on infill. It's much better to have four 250's than one 1000' and three parking lots. Eventually an area will be hot enough from all the improvements infill makes in the area that they'll be a true need for a 1000 footer.

·
I am John Doe
530 Posts
NewPortRicheyGuy said:
Is this appropirate jmascuso?
Threads are supposed to be closed after every 500 posts.

AubieTurtle said:
I don't think it's time for another 1000' yet. We need to concentrate on infill. It's much better to have four 250's than one 1000' and three parking lots. Eventually an area will be hot enough from all the improvements infill makes in the area that they'll be a true need for a 1000 footer.
I think what they're saying, AubieTurtle, is that, with 50 or so proposals, it would be nice to get one 1000 footer out of it.

I don't think it's time either, but it would be nice to have one.

·
Registered
211 Posts
CusK said:
I don't know about you guys, but i'm ready for another 1000"+.

I'm about to give up on Atlanta.

I agree....New York has two 1000+'s completed, and two more under construction......I seems irresponsible to me that Atlanta doesn't have at least that many.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
BOA Tower is enough for me - in fact more than enough, that junk is ugly. I'm more pleased with the midrises & infill mixed use developments.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Chris121091 said:
Here are some drawings of 166 16th street development next to Atlantic Station proposed by Wood partners who partnered with Novare on their first few projects. The Home Park neighborhood association has now approved the project.
Btw they're still seeking a grocery store to fill much of the retail space.

i honestly hate this building.... it is so bland, and i hate when southern cities have these large bases and the actual height of the building is much smaller in portion. these are the same types of developments that will be on 10 acres of land with nothing else around it but parkland

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
ironchapman said:
Threads are supposed to be closed after every 500 posts.

I think what they're saying, AubieTurtle, is that, with 50 or so proposals, it would be nice to get one 1000 footer out of it.

I don't think it's time either, but it would be nice to have one.
If you didn't see before, the thread title said "Asslanta" instaed of Atlanta, check the second post

·
Registered
329 Posts
AubieTurtle said:
According to an article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deloitte & Touche might be leaving 191 Peachtree. If they decide they want a new building, that would mean a new tower somewhere (50 Allen Plaza?). I'm guessing they're going to look around and then get a sweatheart deal to stay at 191.

Of course, I'd love for them to move to 50 Allen Plaza and then have UPS buy 191 so they could be intown. Not likely to happen since I'm pretty sure UPS owns their current building so it would be like just moving when a lease is up.
I think 191 Peachtree would be a great condo tower. It is too beautiful on the interior to ever be vacant under any circumstance. It is connected to the Ritz and right on Peachtree. If it's not an ideal office location, it could sure be the perfect residential destination.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if this has been posted, but this is 3650 Peachtree in Buckhead. It's the 36 story (Pope and Land office and Post condos on the top half) and 29 story condo (Novare)

Also, an updated rendering of Terminus which shows the 20 story condo that will be on top of the parking deck. Terminus 200 and one of the two 40 story condos which is right behind Terminus 200.

·
Captain
2,813 Posts
glenirismt said:
I don't know if this has been posted, but this is 3650 Peachtree in Buckhead. It's the 36 story (Pope and Land office and Post condos on the top half) and 29 story condo (Novare)

Also, an updated rendering of Terminus which shows the 20 story condo that will be on top of the parking deck. Terminus 200 and one of the two 40 story condos which is right behind Terminus 200.
I like these!

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
Wow-- some neat new buildings are going up in ATL!

1 - 20 of 2506 Posts