Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring has sprung.
The grass has riz.
I wonder where
all the forumers is.

Any interest?
A good weekend may be during the Downtown Festival and Tour of Lofts on May 14-15.
www.atlantaadna.org

Or if that's too soon, make a suggestion.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
^I have been wondering when the last Atlanta meet was.

Though I don't think I'm out of school by May 15. Could you possibly consider a later date? I would certainly love to come.
Even then, I'm not even sure if my dad would let me meet up with a bunch of strangers from the internet. :laugh:

·
Registered
420 Posts
The problem with putting it on the date of the festival is that lots of downtowners actually work for the festival and thus would be unable to attend. I believe this has happened before in years past.

I've been mulling over the idea of starting a regular forum meet that is really just to discuss urban issues in person in a casual setting like Apre Diem. I would be more for locals than for those out of town since it wouldn't involve running around all over the place taking pictures of buildings. The forum meet for those wanting to explore the town would be less frequent.

But I've been too busy to arrange anything.

In any case, I'm sure between here and SSP a date can be picked that will work for most (but probably not all) forumers.

·
Atlien
305 Posts
Lets make some real plans and quit talkin about it! I know Joe and I have been trying to meet up for a while now to take some shots and stuff. We all need to set a date a few weeks out so we can fit it into our schedules.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saturday June 25th
or
Saturday July 2nd
Would more SE forumers be able to make a holiday weekend (assuming of course that any SE forumers give a rat's ass about attending an Atlanta meeting)?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd be up for a forum meet but not for another long march through town. I've seen all the buildings under construction, so I'm not really interested in seeing them some more. But if there is a meet up later for drinks and just hanging out, I'd be game.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts