SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading to Atlanta this weekend. Can anybody give me some suggestions on things to do, places to avoid (every city has them), and some good restaurants would be good too. I'll plan on spending most my time downtown and midtown. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Go and check out Stone Mountain, there usually isn't much going on downtown on the weekends. I may be wrong this weekend, but your decided to come at a really Hot time.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
LOL @ "not much to do in Atlanta." I'll be in Atlanta this weekend also for a church convention and there will be at least four events going on at the Georgia World Congress Center alone.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
It depends. Are you looking to be a typical tourist in Atlanta, or do you want to actually experience Atlanta and get a good taste for the city?

There's a LOT more to Atlanta than the World of Coca Cola and the CNN Center and other tourist haunts.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
^Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't notice the date of the original post.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I think this has recieved more posts now then two months ago when I actually went lol... I ended up going to the aquarium, the Coca Cola place, and caught a Braves game (the tourist stuff) but I spent a lot of time in midtown also and really liked it, and Marta really fit my needs for the weekend. All in all it was a great weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts