SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
53 flights of stairs, 1094 steps :nuts: 16 min 50 sec, winner was 6 minutes something

just so you know, i left home at 7:30 this morning and didn't get home til 8:30 tonight. long day with only 161 photos, not many, and really sore legs

·
What a timeline we're in!
5,189 Posts
i reckon it could be viable, i mean i would have no idea why not? Im sure the building owners would say terrorism and blah blah like all of Perth does which is funny as no one would want to bomb sleepy perth.

BHP wont have an observation deck which is a shame also.

·
Proud Melbournian
1,742 Posts
Even though you get a nice view of the city from that nearby city park atop that hill (sorry but I can't rememeber the name of it) IMO it would be awesome if Perth had an obs-deck atop a tall building or even if they could build a 'designer tower' akin to skytower in Auckland or something similar within the CBD.

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
floor 39... we had to transfer elevators on that level from the roof

·
Registered
76,989 Posts
great photos docker. some of best ive seen.
hey what does the chimney in this pic belong to?

why does st marys look like its in middle of street?

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the chimney is for Princess Margrete Hospital for children

and St Mary's lloks like it is in the middle of the street because it is, it is on a quandrant which directs the street into a one way direction around it, it is also used as access roads for ambulances into Perth Royal Hospital...

·
Registered ol' fart
1,632 Posts
why does st marys look like its in middle of street?
Yep, It is actually in the middle ;-)

The cathedral sits in the middle of Victoria Sq... which separates Murray Street from Goderich Street.

·
Registered
76,989 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts