Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here are a few Atlanta area atriums I've always enjoyed.

Hyatt Regency Hotel - 22 story atrium

Mariott Marquis Hotel - 50 story atrium

Hartsfield-Jackson Intl. Airport Atrium

·
LA Resident
5,331 Posts
Pretty huge and beautiful atriums indeed
Here some of my pix taken by me during my visiting Atlanta Hartsfield Int'l Airport

·
125,380 Posts
HSBC's open space doesn't actually reach the street level entrance. Users must first take escalators to the main banking floor, where that open space begins and stretches vertically.

·
17,924 Posts
hkskyline said:
HSBC's open space doesn't actually reach the street level entrance. Users must first take escalators to the main banking floor, where that open space begins and stretches vertically.
That's because you have that big glass seperating the entrance and the main building.

·
125,380 Posts
WANCH said:
That's because you have that big glass seperating the entrance and the main building.
The bottom street-level entrance was purposedly designed to disconnect with the atrium above. The open-air concept is quite unique and was purposedly made to connect the front and back entrances.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I will admit that the WFC atrium in the Winter Garden in NYC isn't anything special so don't expect much.

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Skywalk connecting to skydome is good.
Eaton Centre is not too good.
Bank of Nova Scotia is elegant

Everyone knows that BCE is tops in the city though. For Christ Sake! This is what comes out of a publicized competition (and we all know who the winner was...):

·
6,438 Posts
The atrium of Sydney's Deutsche Bank Place rises up 150m. The lifts run up the frames on the left of pic - you can see them up at the top. For more photos of Deutsche Bank Place (also known as 126 Philip St or BT Tower), see these threads:
Inside 126 Phillip Street!!!!!
Inside Sydney's BT Tower -OZSCRAPERS EXCLUSIVE!!!!!

photo by Fabian

I've often seen the atrium of Burj Al Arab, at 180m, claimed as the world's tallest. In fact Wikipedia reckons that the Dubai World Trade Centre (which Burj Al Arab overtook as Dubai's tallest building) can fit inside Burj Al Arab's atrium, which I find very hard to believe (???). Here's a shot looking down:

·
17,924 Posts
How about the atrium of the Grand Hyatt hotel in Shanghai. The hotel is in the Jin-Mao Tower.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ZZ-II said:
How can i Fill in Pictures?
When you bring up the "post reply" screen just click on the little yellow icon with the mountains in it just above the text panel. That will bring up a frame where you can place the link to your image(s). You can not link directly from your hard drive so if your pictures are on your hard drive you'll need to upload them to an image hosting service such as http://tinypic.com/ or http://imageshack.us/.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts