Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention guys

I have got PM and email from designer and project construction company, which they dont like their pictures or rendering posted in the forum without any copyright or permission from them.

so what i want to do is to make such rule.

1. Please make sure that you have the permission to copy/post pictures or rendering from respective source/websites.

2. Any unofficial project is ILLEGAL to post it as OFFICIAL, for example, Pacific place official website thread.

I hope you guys can understand with this new rule and this will make everything clear for the designer firm and project companies in Jakarta.

cheers

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Dave, aren't all pictures available in websites mean that they are OK for public viewing, including posting on forums such as this?

And isn't Pacific Place an official project? what do you mean by it being unofficial? THe website's official...

cheers

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What a narrow-minded-person .... :bash:

They should thank us that their construction is becoming popular and well-known ...

Besides ... All of the picture is just a link ... from other sites .......which is accessible for public ......

If they are complaining ..... ask them to complaint to the website or other source ... not to us .....

I don't understand what they're thingkin .........

comment on rules

no.1 : Do we have to ask permission to link a picturs/rendering ? ....
no.2 : Let's just omit the word "OFFICIAL" .... that all we can do ...

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
macgyver said:
What a narrow-minded-person .... :bash:

They should thank us that their construction is becoming popular and well-known ...

Besides ... All of the picture is just a link ... from other sites .......which is accessible for public ......

If they are complaining ..... ask them to complaint to the website or other source ... not to us .....

I don't understand what they're thingkin .........

comment on rules

no.1 : Do we have to ask permission to link a picturs/rendering ? ....
no.2 : Let's just omit the word "OFFICIAL" .... that all we can do ...

i agree with mac and alvin too !

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Its ridiculous if we have to ask permission even if we only want to post pictures that are available for public viewing on other websties anyway...I don't think any other forums have to do that..

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, as this is sensitive issue right now, I will discuss with you guys in PM and explain everything.

Mac, Alvin I will send you PM later tonite. Anyone else interested, you can PM me.

cheers

·
Resetter
8,650 Posts
usul bos.. how if topic yg mewakili suatu daerah itu dibuat Sticky, misalnya sekarang ada daerah surabaya, medan, bandung, balikpapan. Karena sekarang sangat2 banyak single project lain yang dibuat satu topic, jadi lama-lama topic tentang keseluruhan project suatu daerah tersebut "ilank", jadi kudu cari2 lagi.

thanks ya om, ini usulan aja.. sori pake basa indo, soalnya lagi lemot nih

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wrong information about Indonesia

I find this one on the signature of someone in the forum..I just copy and paste the signature:

Jakarta tower 558M click here, Ritz Carlton Jakarta 327M click here, Jakarta list of underconstruction click here or visit indo forum by clicking here!

I think the information about the height of Ritz Carlton is totally wrong. It's outdated. I hope when we post something, we post the right information too.
Specially Indonesia's cyber community has a very bad image, on the fraud, giving wrong information, etc. It is so embarrassing.
We should start from ourself, right!!!

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, and stealing picture from someone website for avatar is also totally wrong. So you need to ask the permission from the respected website owner before you can use it for Avatar.

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.