SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On NCC Planning Portal 23/04/13 as "Granted Conditionally"

2013/0136/01/DET

Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping

Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MH12XABSAP000

From quick look through some of the 63 Planning Documents it is an Audi dealership

KEN

·
Registered
2,857 Posts

2013/0136/01/DET

Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MH12XABSAP000

From quick look through some of the 63 Planning Documents it is an Audi dealership

KEN
The site has been cleared so expecting some action soonish.
The existing Audi garage further west is to stay open so I understand.

Close by is also the site of the new Eagles basketball arena so could have some construction along there worth keeping a fish eye on.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The site has been cleared so expecting some action soonish.
The existing Audi garage further west is to stay open so I understand.

Close by is also the site of the new Eagles basketball arena so could have some construction along there worth keeping a fish eye on.
Really?

This new one isn't that far away from the existing building, and appears to be a considerably larger site.

I just assumed they must be expanding on the new site, and moving out of the other building.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Audi Dealership - Scotswood Road

2013/0136/01/DET

KEN
Diggers now on site, so one to watch.

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 05/09/13

2013/0136/01/DET

KEN
After recent tip off from Adrian Swall that was work on site decided to take a wander there today Thursday 05/09/13 and found works well advanced - having been a lot of excavation to change levels of sloping site area and now steel structure is in early stages of being erected, as can be seen in the following photographs by myself taken approx 1145 - 1200

First a screen print of Google Map image of the area as it used to be prior to the works , west of Brunel Terrace

Pictures from 05/09/13

Works being carried out by BDB Design Build Ltd from Sheffield and an impression of completed scheme can be seen on this article from their website - http://www.bdbdesignbuild.co.uk/news/audi-newcastle/

Also states - "we will be on site until April 2014"

Images hosted on Photobucket

NH / Steve E - time for a project thread?

If yes the following previous posts on scheme 657 to 660 and 666

KEN

·
Part Time Contributor
43,309 Posts
Former Mary Trevelyan School| Scotswood Rd, Newcastle|2fl|U/C

New thread for this development:

2013/0136/01/DET | Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping | Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

Reference 2013/0136/01/DET
Alternative Reference PP-02114166
Application Received Tue 22 Jan 2013
Address Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne
Proposal Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping
Status Granted Conditionally

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
The ongoing "Thread Title" discussion has been moved to the Admin Thread.

Keeps this Project Thread free for discussions about the Project itself :)

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 14/09/13

Follow up to post #5 and 9 days on

Pictures by myself Saturday 14/09/13 around 0915 and found structural steel works well advanced as can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 26/09/13

Follow up to post above and 12 days on

Pictures by myself Thursday 26/09/13 around 1215 and found structural steel works well advanced as can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 16/11/13

Follow up to mny last post above and approx 7 weeks on

Pictures by myself Saturday 16/11/13 around 1215 and found structural steel workslooking complete with roof dec k on main building and steel frame up on building to north east area of siteas can be seen in the following photographs - hosted on Photobucket

and these "unposted" pictures from 01/11/13

KEN

·
Registered
10 Posts
A car showroom of industrial/out of town proportions. Thought it would have been better to develop living areas for people so close to the city centre. Takes away I fell from the looks of the church spire which I'm sure could have been incorporated into a living local community if a little thought had been given. I suppose people who need an Audi need to access the showroom via a good public transport system. In fact am I missing something here? Why are we(sorry they) allowing such developments on the edge of the CBA area? Carbon footprint thoughts never mind areas for people to live in spring to mind!

·
Idle waster.
hard work.
1,236 Posts
I suppose people who need an Audi need to access the showroom via a good public transport system.
I don't think many people visiting the various show rooms around here will be traveling by public transport.

The area has become a huge car showroom as developers(spivs) can't throw up a cheap detached house then charge 1/4 of a million for it.:nuts:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
The Scotswood Road must have a dozen or more car showrooms along there so it made sense to build it there.

Wonder if any locals will be offerred some employment there?

Of course if we do leave the EU, Germany wouldn't want to sell any of their reassuringly expensive cars to us!

·
Registered
161 Posts
A car showroom of industrial/out of town proportions. Thought it would have been better to develop living areas for people so close to the city centre. Takes away I fell from the looks of the church spire which I'm sure could have been incorporated into a living local community if a little thought had been given. I suppose people who need an Audi need to access the showroom via a good public transport system. In fact am I missing something here? Why are we(sorry they) allowing such developments on the edge of the CBA area? Carbon footprint thoughts never mind areas for people to live in spring to mind!
TBF scotswood road is dominated by car showrooms now, i cant imagine anyone would want to live right on a dual carraigeway opposite a petrol station? in my experience folk looking to buy a car arrive by car. the current audi dealership has very limited car parking for customers, this new site will be much better.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
TBF scotswood road is dominated by car showrooms now, i cant imagine anyone would want to live right on a dual carraigeway opposite a petrol station? in my experience folk looking to buy a car arrive by car. the current audi dealership has very limited car parking for customers, this new site will be much better.

Yes, that area has developed to become literally the "Car Showrooms Hub" for West Newcastle, in the same way that Silverlink is for East Newcastle and for the North Tyneside area.

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New Audi Car Showroom, Scotswood Rd - parking arrangements

This currently on NCC Planning Portal as Pending

2013/0136/11/DCC

Submission of details of car parking to comply with condition 18 and external lighting to comply with condition 20 of planning permission 2013/0136/01/DET dated 19/04/13: Erection of 2 storey car showroom (Sui Generis) with ancillary accommodation, erection of single storey valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod, provision of 242 parking spaces for vehicle display, staff/customer parking and workshop parking, bin store and cycle parking shelter, entrance bollards, erection of 2.4m high paladin fence to north, west and part east boundary, erection of 0.45m high knee rail to part east elevation and hard and soft landscaping

Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School Scotswood Road Newcastle upon Tyne

http://publicaccess.newcastle.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=MV46F3BSI0A00

This being screen print of Proposed Site Plan from planning documents of that application showing proposed parking arrangements - image hosted on Photobucket

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 15/12/13

Follow up to my post 10 of 17/11/13 above and approx 4 weeks on

Pictures by myself Sunday 15/12/13 around 1230 - 1245 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 21/01/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 17 of 15/12/13 above and approx 5 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Tuesday 21/01/14 around 1245 - 1300 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

More on following post

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 21/01/14, Part 2 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Follow up to my post 17 of 15/12/13 above and approx 5 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Tuesday 21/01/14 around 1245 - 1300 to show current state of project - hosted on Photobucket

KEN

·
Registered
20,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Site Of Former Mary Trevelyan School, Scotswood Road Newcastle - Erection for Audi of 2 storey car showroom with ancillary accommodation, valeting bay and 2 storey used car pod etc - on site 22/02/14, Part 1 of 2

Follow up to my post 18 & 19 of 22/01/14 above and approx 4 weeks on

Pictures (over 2 posts) by myself Saturday 22/02/14 around 1345 - 1400 to show current state of project - images hosted on Photobucket

More on following post

KEN

1 - 20 of 36 Posts