Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive gone down to 120m or around 400ft or 30storeys.
over 20 projects.
let me know if ok with status with some.
the closest to finishing in this list is the 37storey Southbank One in melb.
Barton tower seems to be only tower with nothing much happening?
ive thrown in Sydneys Nouvel tower bit early,it starts in jan2010.
you will see most projects are early stage, (core over grd) But some like Oracle, 420pitt and the Hyde are half way up!
ive colour coded each city for quick ref.
green=perth (1 bldg)
blue=sydney (6 bldgs)
brown=melb (5 bldgs)
red=brisbane (4 bldgs)
orange=GC (6 bldgs)

quick see

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Sydney's representation has gone way up. Didn't realise there were so many projects ~120m in Syd.

Pretty much ALL those buildings are in the very early stages of construction. There's only really 4 with significant upward progress. Interesting.

Thanks for the diagrams as usual Cul - nice work. Very interesting too.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Awesome as ever!

Its great to see all the capitals represented in one drawing too.

J

·
Registered
523 Posts
Little unfair on Adelaide; no representation at all. It's not our fault we have a stingy city council who don't like tall buildings and have draconian height limits.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Well there is no Darwin, Hobart or Canberra, so don't feel left out Adelaide :eek:p

·
Registered
77,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id love to include all cities, but took me hours to checkout each of the 20 threads for these updates. it was getting too much trying to look up bldgs 50m high over 50 projects. ect

·
Where am I?
487 Posts
Not worried about Adelaide or others missing out.

I like the new format - tidy and not as much work for you Cul
Keep up the good work.

·
Happy now...
678 Posts
thanks Cul luv the new format just one correction Gold Coast only has 5 buildings under construction over 120m not 6

Sydney is leading the pack again.

·
Registered
12,529 Posts
Little unfair on Adelaide; no representation at all. It's not our fault we have a stingy city council who don't like tall buildings and have draconian height limits.
not really unfair, you DO have one building over 120m so its not as if you couldnt realistically have another u/c. All it would take is a big company wanting to establish themselves in the public eye more/ make a statement/position all employees in one tower etc. -the only real reason perth is getting another tall. Adelaide just doesnt really have any1 wanting/needing to do that there.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
not really unfair, you DO have one building over 120m so its not as if you couldnt realistically have another u/c. All it would take is a big company wanting to establish themselves in the public eye more/ make a statement/position all employees in one tower etc. -the only real reason perth is getting another tall. Adelaide just doesnt really have any1 wanting/needing to do that there.
Lets not forget residential.

I love Adelaide (and I don't want to sound like I'm knocking it) but I think the innercity trend for living in highrise apartment towers hasn't really caught on there yet as its done in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. I think when it does you may see a few residential towers up to and possibly breaking the 120m limit.

·
Registered
77,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks Cul luv the new format just one correction Gold Coast only has 5 buildings under construction over 120m not 6

Sydney is leading the pack again.
soul, hilton towers x2, oracle x2, victoria towers= 6?

·
16,528 Posts
queensland dominates.

Thanks cul. Perths next building 120m+ seems a long way off. I'm speculating on the treasury building development though. PPP with Mirvac/CBUS/Aman Resorts.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
hayds said:
Shush.

Lets not forget residential.

I love Adelaide (and I don't want to sound like I'm knocking it) but I think the innercity trend for living in highrise apartment towers hasn't really caught on there yet as its done in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. I think when it does you may see a few residential towers up to and possibly breaking the 120m limit.
Inner city living is becoming very popular in Adelaide, been a huge increase in apartments poping up throughout the city in the past 10 years. Recently there has been a increase of mid/high rise apartments and office buildings going up outside of the CBD core which is extending the city further out aswell as increasing density.

Unlike other cities, the city covers a large land mass so there isn't the need for towering skyscrapers yet. Though eventually Adelaide's time will come and we will see 130m+ buildings quite possibly next decade.

In the meantime I'm not fussed Adelaide isn't included, makes it easier for Cul.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts