SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1449 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is Sydney's newest Motorway which links together the 3 existing motorways that sprawl out into Sydney's western suburbs.























 

·
Banned
Joined
·
111 Posts
Good old NSW 2 lane freeways. I don't know why, but NSW insists on building 2 lane roads despite the fact that this is a city of 4 million+ people.

Freeways here in Victoria are bigger and there is more of them. Also our hard shoulders are wider! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saab said:
Good old NSW 2 lane freeways. I don't know why, but NSW insists on building 2 lane roads despite the fact that this is a city of 4 million+ people.

Freeways here in Victoria are bigger and there is more of them. Also our hard shoulders are wider! ;)
You need all the lanes you can get to handle all the traffic trying to get the hell away from bleak city melbourne.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
yeah but the world knows melbourne is a bore!

and saab - like i have said on many occassions - if you had a brain - well then you would know that on the M7 there are no toll booths - its all e-tags
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
111 Posts
Melbourne is a bore my dick. You've never been outside Dydney so you wouldn't have a clue.

M7 has no toll booth oh no shit mate. It's the ED, WD, M2, SHB Warringah freeway that have booths. Melbourne has mastered electronic tolling in 1999.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Saab said:
Melbourne is a bore my dick. You've never been outside Dydney so you wouldn't have a clue.

M7 has no toll booth oh no shit mate. It's the ED, WD, M2, SHB Warringah freeway that have booths. Melbourne has mastered electronic tolling in 1999.
Everyone this is an example the typical Melbournian with a massive inferiority complex.

They are very jealous people.

The M7 is not a high volume road. Most users use it only for short distances. The M5 and M4 both have more than 2 lanes each way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Saab said:
Melbourne is a bore my dick. You've never been outside Dydney so you wouldn't have a clue.

M7 has no toll booth oh no shit mate. It's the ED, WD, M2, SHB Warringah freeway that have booths. Melbourne has mastered electronic tolling in 1999.
First of all, the WD and Warringah aren't tolled! Get your facts right! SHB and ED are only tolled inbound! Bloody Hell. And besides, they're being changed over to electronic tolling and besides, it's a lot easier to start by building a fully tolled road
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
111 Posts
laxor said:
Everyone this is an example the typical Melbournian with a massive inferiority complex.

They are very jealous people.

The M7 is not a high volume road. Most users use it only for short distances. The M5 and M4 both have more than 2 lanes each way.
why would I be jealous of a place where almost all the motorways are 2 lanes and are tolled wth toll booths.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,669 Posts
Saab said:
why would I be jealous of a place where almost all the motorways are 2 lanes and are tolled wth toll booths.
It's better that the motorways are 2 lanes. It encourages fewer people onto the road network and forces more onto public transport. The toll booths are worse, but the smaller motorways are better.
 
1 - 20 of 1449 Posts
Top