Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
When real everyday life doesn't give an individual enough satisfaction of the wonder of living in Australia...they need a lift, lots of lift...never enough lift..then, that's still not enough...crash and burn I reckon...and lots of collateral damage to all those close to that person whether by love, life or convenience...

·
Registered
7,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I don't see it as mine or the governments business to be concerned about this. To quote the great John Stuart Mill "Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."
When your house is robbed by someone desperate to get money for an addiction, and the line in the ER is overwhelmed by overdose victims, or a family member becomes addicted, you might feel differently about proper government intervention

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
^^ And I'd put the blame with the government for creating scarcity and a risk premium on the product.
So...solution is for government to import more meth? And I don't think we can talk about Meth the same way we might about weed or party pills if it's the libertarian thing youre going with

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I think this is something the government should be concerened about. Meth is nasty, highly addictive, cheap and easily accessible almost anywhere. Surely you can't imply the person using it will be the only one be effected? What about the crime, the burden on hospitals, paramedics subject to drug fuelled violence and the drain on police resources. Not to mention productivity in the workplace etc.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
When I read the thread title I genuinely thought shops were running out of bags of ice.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
....remember when a guy in overalls used to come into the kitchen with a huge block of ice on his shoulder, pull back the hesian curtain of the coogardie safe and plonk it on the ribbed iron tray. Could keep food for a few more days...
...nahh, course you don't. Stupid question...I picked a fine week to give up amphetamines !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts