SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
heres all the latest diagrams combined from the state threads. The coloured diagrams explains what has been built since 2000 up until 2006. (the 90m/300ft cut off point is i think a major skyscraper or approx 30floors .
Melbourne and Sydney are the only cities i havent added any planned towers. maybe ill get around to it soon,lol
buts intresting that Brisbane and GC have just started to boom!
Perth is also about to get some biggies.
Melbourne has had the biggest boom so far this century with 41 x90m+ scrapers added to its expanding skyline. Sydney had its massivce pre Olympic boom in the 2 year period- 1998-99 with an amzing 17 x90m+ scrapers built.!!

please note, each city has dif colour scheme,oops

MELBOURNE

GOLD COAST CITY

BRISBANE

SYDNEY

PERTH

ADELAIDE is pushing the 90m limit with the latest City central tower which is uc at 84m. maybe soon they will get past magic 90m mark.
DARWIN also is getting EVOLUTION @ 99m which is to start soon.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Plenty of buildings were left out of the other cities too lol.
I spose you take more notice/care when theres not alot there in the first place.

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
perth4life- Condor will be 80m above street level.

Just to be an asshole, I recently saw the elevation and the top of the small roof feature is 88m AHD. Steet level is just over 6m AHD which gives us an 82m tower. lol I just had to clear things up :D

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heres an update for melbourne.
ive add just a few of the most recent proposals.
223m prima, 200m 368 Collins st,180m Shangrila hotel,170m 557 Collins st,140m Outrigger,162m FWP2,i didnt add any YE or many others since not sure of status?
pretty impressive though.

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sydney with most of the proposals i personally thik will happen within next couple of years.
188m John Boyd tower, 188m/219mspire 33 Bligh st, 150m centrepoint tower,140m mid City centre,120m 157 Liverpool st, 106m EAST,+ 90m project
not a bad lot!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Gold Coast with 29! I wasn't expecting such a large number. There will be plenty more to come in the next 10 years. This place will be literally aching from the growth. The government really needs to do something about the transport system. Wish the federal would contribute a bit more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks like Melbourne is all set with quite a few tallies for the next 'boom'.

But my my, look at GC! If you take into account it's population it's Oz's Dubai!

·
Watch my Chops
6,034 Posts
Perth will get a new large office building around 2012 about 150-180 meter's tall.

Resi/office would work well, becuase demand would eat the pie up quickly. Developer's still fear the 90's over supply.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Wow - how did I miss these? Great work Cul!

·
newy
178 Posts
awesome work like usual cul. GC really does step up to the challenge in the big picture compared to other capital cities which is good to see. Melbourne and Brisbane are booming heaps fast too:p

·
Watch my Chops
6,034 Posts
Perths Since 2000 - Future known developments
-Woodside
-Century City
-City Square
-Sky Gardens
-Parkwest?????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts