1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
skyscraper connoisseur
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name them, rate them and discuss them!

Name: Space
Energy Efficiency Rating: 6 Star Rating
Feature: Utilising two skinned facades. One inside the other. Allowing cross-building ventilation to reduce reliance on artificial air circulation (A/C). Type of glass is unknown, although i would like to see new environmental glass like in One Bryant Park in NYC.

·
40,880 Posts

Name: Garden Towers 1 and 2
Energy Efficiency Rating: 6 Star Rating
Feature: The windows are Photovol Glass giving them a slightly golden tint. All internal walls are to be constructed of straw. Wind powered cylindrical windmills are also used throughout the development. Clay based paints will also be used to minimise the environmental effect. The supermarket at the base will be plastic bag free. The building will be an overall producer of electricity and will put more juice into the grid than what it removes.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts

Name: T&G Tower/Redevelopment
Energy Efficiency Rating: 5 Star Rating
Feature: Meets Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) standards. The tower will include the use of natural lighting and the correct energy uses. The tower had been made to make the development aesthetically pleasing.
Link: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=20706066#post20706066

·
Like whatever....
13,706 Posts
111 Eagle Street - BRISBANE

CBD skyscraper reaches for 'sustainability' heights
Shannon Molloy | March 19, 2008 - 2:05PM

An artist's impression of the new Eagle Street high-rise.

A new 44-storey commercial tower on Brisbane's Eagle Street will become the most environmentally sustainable skyscraper in the country when completed, its developer has claimed.

The GPT Group received approval last month to construct the high-rise on a site between Riverside Centre and Riparian Plaza in Brisbane's growing corporate precinct.

Demolition of the site's current occupant, the 17-storey Indigo House, is underway and is expected to take about six months.

GPT hopes its green focus with the 111 Eagle Street project will earn the company a highly-prized six-star GreenStar rating and set a benchmark for sustainable development.

Innovative lighting and air-conditioning technology has been woven into the project and will deliver significant energy and water savings, office development manager Greg Mannes said.

Sensor-activated blinds will trap heat before it is pumped out of the building, while a "river heat rejection" system will keep occupants comfortable and reduce the reliance on artificial cooling.

A water recycling plant is also proposed and would reuse waste water for toilet flushing and irrigation. A leak detection system will also cut wastage, the company claims.

Building sustainability had become "standard" in recent years and a six-star green rating was likely to hold extra weight with tenants, Mr Mannes said.

Designers had explored "every single option" within the GreenStar framework without compromising functionality and aesthetics, he said.

"This will be the best new building in Brisbane for some time to come."

Contractor Leighton has also jumped on the green bandwagon, implementing a raft of measures to ensure the building phase is environmentally friendly.

About 95 per cent of demolition and construction waste will be diverted from land-fill and recycled, project director Petie Walker said.

Construction is expected to be completed in mid-2009.
This has to be my favorite building under construction in Brisbane at the moment.

J

·
7,236 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I dont see what the big fuss is with 111. Its not hugely tall, its not THAT good looking (although it does have an interesting design and craps all over its neighbours). Fraisers broadway looks much more of an interesting building (yes i know its not in brisbane)

·
40,880 Posts
^^It will be Brisbane's tallest Office Building and I think it looks incredible.

Also it will be Australia's tallest 6 star green rated building when completed from what I know.

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
A $200million project, 140 William Street will see the construction of Western Australia’s first five-star Green Star rated office building.

Sustainable design features will focus on energy and water efficiency and waste management and include skygardens and screening elements to the west to minimise heat load.

The 140 William Street Site is located over the new underground platforms of Perth Station.

·
Crazy young doge man
10,616 Posts
A $200million project, 140 William Street will see the construction of Western Australia’s first five-star Green Star rated office building.

Sustainable design features will focus on energy and water efficiency and waste management and include skygardens and screening elements to the west to minimise heat load.

The 140 William Street Site is located over the new underground platforms of Perth Station.
the colour of that writing makes it fucking hard to read, type like a normal person please

·
Registered
89,956 Posts
so perth is getting first 5star? can i ask silly question? whats the dif between 5 and 6?

Sydneys Lend lease HQ opposite Barangar00 was Australias first 5-star rated office bldg completed back in 04.
http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/03/19/30-the-bond-sydneys-greenest-building/

I visited it last year and is excellent.
the 112mil$ 30 The Bond has 18,700sqm over 9storeys and spans 100m long.

love the 50ft high exposed stone wall along interior

--------------------------------------------------

and australias first 6star rated energy saving bldg was melbournes CH2 in 2006

http://www.inhabitat.com/2007/03/13/ch2-australias-greenest-building/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.