Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
26,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet.

Seeing I couldn't be bothered writing about it myself I decided just to quote what SoulvisionQ1 posted in the Ozscrapers section:

SoulvisionQ1 said:
The tender for the North South Bypass Tunnel has been chosen. Rivercity Motorway is the Winner! This is Australia's largest project since the 2000 Olympic games!! This is also Brisbane's biggest project EVER! AND the longest tunnel in Australia approximately 5.2kms in length!! Worth 2 bill!! Very futuristic as well...

Video's here, http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/story/0,20797,18955020-952,00.html

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:STANDARD:1434190570:pc=PC_1717

·
비누
48 Posts
What's Australia's longest tunnel so far? The one under the Sydney airport?
The longest road tunnel is the M5 east tunnel in Sydney, at 3950m.
Equal second are the burnley tunnel in Melbourne and the Lane Cove tunnel in Sydney, which is due to open for traffic by about the end of this year. Both of these are 3400m long.

The longest rail tunnels in Australia are about 10km long; the airport line in Sydney, and the Epping-Chatswood line, also in Sydney.

·
26,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Toadman said:
No more than $4, which isn't too bad considering it's less than $1/km.
Actually I think they said it was $4.10 in 2010 dollars, so that's $3.70 now. Still less than $1 per kilometre though, and also the cheapest toll tunnel per kilometre in Australia!!!

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
eulogy said:
The longest road tunnel is the M5 east tunnel in Sydney, at 3950m.
Equal second are the burnley tunnel in Melbourne and the Lane Cove tunnel in Sydney, which is due to open for traffic by about the end of this year. Both of these are 3400m long.

The longest rail tunnels in Australia are about 10km long; the airport line in Sydney, and the Epping-Chatswood line, also in Sydney.
Can you give us the top ten? Of course in the Snowy Mountains ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts