SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Horses and Football
26 Posts
Some great photos there, Ramma - thank you.

It is quite a good looking design and it should make an excellent stadium.

However, part of me laments the passing of the old stadium, as it was such great looking little stadium, with a very elegant roof on the two larger stands.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
One question on Austria Wien new stadium:

Standing room on the Ost Tribune will be on bottom and upper tier or just bottom?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
A Forest is to Grow on the Field in Klagenfurt

It's not a metaphor, rather "Austria's Largest-Ever Art Project". For two months in 2018, SK Austria Klagenfurt is barred from the Wörthersee Stadion because a forest of 200 trees will be planted inside. This project, titled "For Forest", is an idea by Klaus Littman. It has been his long-standing dream to re-create a famous Austrian sketch by Tyrolean native Max Peintner, which depicts the Praterstadion in Vienna. The exhibition will take place from September 8 to October 31.

Source: StadiumDB.com.

Any thoughts on this installation, fellow users?

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
15,546 Posts
‘For Forest – The Unending Attraction of Nature’ by Klaus Littmann has transformed the Wörthersee Stadium in Klagenfurt into Austria’s largest public art installation

The project was conceived by artist Klaus Littmann – who first saw the pencil drawing, The Unending Attraction of Nature, by Max Peintner more than 30 years ago – and held on to the idea of turning this striking dystopia into a reality.

In Peintner‘s pencil drawing from the 1970s, the threat to our natural environment is conveyed by a thought experiment, the idea of imagining a time when forests will exist only as exhibition objects.
More photos @ https://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2019/sep/06/for-forest-an-art-intervention-transforming-austrian-stadium#img-10

https://twitter.com/forforest_art

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
^^

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
And they charged all the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

-lyrics to "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell (1970)

·
Registered
77 Posts
i made some video about my hometown club FK Austria Wien and match experience on our Generali Arena stadium...since there is no football in the whole world...this is like the only place to see something...i hope you will enjoy it and tell me what u think about our stadium :)

101 - 115 of 115 Posts