SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
*Made in Estonia*
904 Posts
A typical Autobahn, but nice pics from "Bundesstraßen" or should I say
alpine roads. Very nice landscapes and also a good website.

·
Valpolicella abuser
2,608 Posts
Don't you have any pic of the "Europe bridge" close to Innsbruck?

·
Super Moderator
21,693 Posts
They should build a bypass around Linz, I got stuck in a traffic jam there for two hours a couple of months ago, there didn't seem to be any particular reason for it, it was just a normal saturday morning :eek:hno:

·
Valpolicella abuser
2,608 Posts
Thanks, I like it a lot, I always pass under it when I go to Muenchen by train.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This image

doesn't show the Europabruecke but the Twimbergbruecke in Carinthia.

Another image:

The height over ground is 170 m, highest pier 154 m, total length 1079 m

Last year construction of a twin bridge startet for widening of freeway A2.

@Jonesy55

At present the busiest section of the A7 freeway in linz is widened and put subterranean. Construction work causes congestions at rush hours every weekday. In September 2005 construction will be finished.
A bypass for Linz isn't planned in foreseeable future and almost impossible due to environmental reasons.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I noticed an interesting thing on austrian highways : there are no roadside gas stations and restaurants!

form slovenian - austrian border to the city of Graz there si no single side stop, and from Karavanke tunnel to Salzburg either, or maybe I just missed some... ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
King-Tomislav said:
I noticed an interesting thing on austrian highways : there are no roadside gas stations and restaurants!

form slovenian - austrian border to the city of Graz there si no single side stop, and from Karavanke tunnel to Salzburg either, or maybe I just missed some... ??

Between the Slovenian border and Graz on the A9, there is only one rest area with gas station and restaurant, but it's a relatively short distance.

There are 6 service areas between Slovenia and Salzburg on the A10.

Here's a map:

http://www.asfinag.at/services/raststaetten/karten/Raststationen_20040930_A4.pdf

Peter

·
Registered
144 Posts
Peter_T said:
There are 6 service areas between Slovenia and Salzburg on the A10.
I can't believe I didn't see them... I remember seeing signs and directions so I guess those service areas are not directly on the highwaya but maybe a little-bit aside. Thanks anyway

1 - 16 of 16 Posts