Registered
1,594 Posts
Lovely!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments :eek:kay:

The majority of London's Royal Parks were created by the monarchy to indulge their love of hunting. In fact, the small herds of deer at Greenwich can be traced back to those originally introduced by Henry VIII in 1510.

Today, Greenwich, Richmond Park and Bushy Parks provide a refuge for over a thousand red and fallow deer.

As for the rest of the pics they are from London's Royal Parks, as well as Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill and Clapham Common and of course Windsor Castle.

Royal Parks

http://www.royalparks.org.uk/about/

Wiki London Parks & Open Spaces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parks_and_open_spaces_in_London

:)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's known as a Grey Squirrel in the UK.

Not to be confused with the native and protected red squirrel.

The North American Grey Squirrels spread Squirrel Pox and killed off many of the native red squirrel populations, however scientists have recently reported that red squirrels
are developing immunity to squirrel pox, and a vaccine is being developed, which is good news for the native reds.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/oct/16/wildlife-endangeredspecies

:)

·
Administrator
77,952 Posts
I am assuming these photographs are self taken. Thus they should have been posted in Urban Showcase, not Cityscapes and Skylines. If this is not the case, correctly credit the photos, then pm me to move the thread back.
A note to all, please ensure you are posting the photos in the correct forum. We will move a thread once for people. If the person posts again in the wrong forum the thread will be deleted. Thank you

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am assuming these photographs are self taken. Thus they should have been posted in Urban Showcase, not Cityscapes and Skylines. If this is not the case, correctly credit the photos, then pm me to move the thread back.
A note to all, please ensure you are posting the photos in the correct forum. We will move a thread once for people. If the person posts again in the wrong forum the thread will be deleted. Thank you
If you are going to be authoritarian then I will just go elsewhere to post such pics. I am a forty years old bloke and to be honest I can't be bothered with this. If you don't want me posting here then I will simply post pics elsewhere or go down the local pub for a pint instead.

:(

·
Stas Stolfat
618 Posts
Nice photos man...London does looklovely in autumn...
To be honest, TB is right and there's nothing wrong with his style of moderation. If you can't read the rules, then that's not his problem!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice photos man...London does looklovely in autumn...
To be honest, TB is right and there's nothing wrong with his style of moderation. If you can't read the rules, then that's not his problem!
Go back to lurking. :eek:hno:

As for the rules rest assured I won't be posting any more pics. :nuts:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts