Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Bike It!
22,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks dear friends! :cheers1:

Must have been a fantastic start to the trip.
It was... magical! Taken a boat from the airport to our accommodation was quite unusual in itself, but entering this beautiful city by boat at sunset, was an unbeatable experience.
Venice is really beautiful but for my opinion is the most overcrowded tourist destination.
That's one of the reasons we didn't visit this highlight before. But we don't regret our visit. As you know there's a reason for the crowds: Venice is not only stunning, but also unique in the world.
And in November, crowds are smaller than in high season. Once you leave the must-visit sites, Venice was surprising tourist-free.
Prizes were lower than expected, especially in low season. We payed 60 euro/night for a nice and complete apartment in a 16th Century building near Rialto. That's only 20 euro ppn! :)

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
I enjoyed your pics so much, Ben, thank you for sharing! :eek:kay:

I was once in my life in Venice, when I was a little girl. ;)
And I remember that it was very hot (middle of summer!) and very enchanting...

Venice for me also will forever be connected with one of my favourite films,
Summertime (1955) where Katharine Hepburn, loneliness and love, and,
last but not least, Venice played the leading parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summertime_(1955_film)

Did you see this lovely film, Ben? :)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Wow, you do get around Benonie, lucky you. Great shots of a unique city. Did you check out other places of the Veneto. I particularly like Vicenza. :cheers:

·
Feliz pela Vida que segue
9,307 Posts
Wonderful photographs, and I watched that "Sumertime" film yansa mentioned, it is with Rossano Brazzi.

You are a good voyager, always going places :)

·
Bike It!
22,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, dear friends! :)

I
Venice for me also will forever be connected with one of my favourite films,
Summertime (1955) where Katharine Hepburn, loneliness and love, and,

Did you see this lovely film, Ben?
I probably did. Back in the Eighties I was interested in old pictures and Katharine was one of my favorite actresses. Every Saturday afternoon, the national television played a classic movie picture. This must have been one of it.
Did you check out other places of the Veneto. I particularly like Vicenza.
No, we were only there for 3 days, so we stayed in Venice. But we did some island hopping to nearby places. So stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts