Racing Club de Avellaneda
1949, 1950, 1951, 1958, 1961,
1x Copa Libertadores:
1x Copa Sudamericana:
1x FIFA Club World Cup:
BUENOS AIRES - Racing Club of Avellaneda
Capacity: 59.000 (27.000 seats)
This is "El Cilindro" stadium, home of one of the "5 giants teams" of Argentina, Racing Club of Avellaneda. It has an actual capacity of 59.000, including 27.000 seats.
-It was inaugurated on September 3, 1950 with a capacity of 100,000 and has been the scene of several national and international finals.
-In 1966 new lighting towers were inagurated, and Bayern Munich was invited to a friendly contest, which ended with victory for the locals, Racing.
-In 1967 it hosted the final of the Copa Libertadores and the Intercontinental Cup against National and Celtic respectively.
-In 1995 it was installed a translucent roof mounted on a metal structure that holds the lighting system. The renovations were completed in 1997, and it became the first Argentine stadium to have all seats covered by a roof.
-In 2002, a control system and many security cameras were installed, in addition to loudspeakers located both inside and outside the stadium.
-In 2004 the perimeter fences were taken off, and was the first Argentine club to do so. That same year, vip-seats were opened in the field. This stadium is the onlyone in the continent to have them.
First pictures of the stadium . . .
After the renovations . . .
Some photos . . .