SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Scanned photo from "Athens Voice" 26 June 2008 depicting the completed mall and surroundings... :)

·
Γνώθι σαυ&
646 Posts
I hope they change the name. It's as if big corporations operating in Greece don't want to use Greek names.

·
Registered
117 Posts
the big corporations operating in Greece almost forget the existance of this "mall" as a ...mall. Mostly because of its past, (as "few stores next to a supermarket") and also because of its low traffic and low awarness to the consumers of Athens.
If you take out H&M, the "mall" will close in few months. With Golden Hall right next door in a couple of months, and The Mall very close by, there is no future for small chopping centers like that.

The previous smaller version (before the expansion) was a commercial disaster. The few stores were closing one after the other, or simply the big coorporations were moving out and smaller unknown stores took some spots.

Architecturaly interesting this expansion, but size not enough unfortunatelly. The Mall on the other side, is an ugly, dated, messy building, but it was saved because of its size and promotion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear All,

I was the lead designer whilst I was with RTKL on the project.
I was delighted to come accross this thread and read the comments.
I hope it brings much pleasure to those who use it and live within the area.
Ofcourse its not just the international architect that offers his creative insight, but its mainly thanx to the local architects and a visionary client that have made this centre what it is today.
Warm regards to all,
Z

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Welcome to you too zbc1

On behalf of the Greek community allow me to say that your design is much enjoyed by its visitors, including me. People enjoy very much the food court and the terraces as well as the design of the arches which is a fresh start from the boxy design of the buildings on both sides of Kifissias Avenue. Plus, this idea with the sloping corridor with the entertainment park is phenomenal and I would like to know whether it exists anywhere else in Europe.

Ladies like the H&M store but I am a fan of the food court and especially the cafe that overlooks the front plaza and Kifissias Avenue. Overall I can assure you that your intervention was successful and well met by customers and Athenians overall and I hope we will see more of your designs in Athens in the future.

I also invite you to read other threads in this forum as the Hellenic Agora is a site bustling with activity and expert opinions are always welcome, favored and encouraged.

:cheers:

·
Banned
462 Posts
Polu wraio fainetai!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts