Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who wonder who's buying all of the $1.6m one-bedroom apartments in the Wall Street area, the following information posted on www.Lowermanhattan.info on 28 June 2007 is illuminating:

"Wealthy Couples Show Increased Appetite for Downtown Addresses"

Young, affluent couples are buying up property in and around the Financial District at a faster rate than any other demographic, according to a study commissioned by the Alliance for Downtown New York. The study found that 42 percent of Financial District households are now young couples with no children. Additionally, since 2004, 40 percent of newcomers to the Financial District have come from outside of the city.

Newcomers are not only young and kid-free, they're also coming in toting an unusual amount of cash. The average income of the new Financial District local is a whopping $256,130, according to the study, making Financial District residents the wealthiest in all of Manhattan. Reporting on the findings of the study, the New YorkObserver noted that the typical Financial District household now makes about three times that of Manhattan overall.

The increased median income among Financial District residents reflects another growing trend: Workers in Lower Manhattan are opting to buy homes within walking distance of the office. With an influx of Wall Street brokers turned Wall Street residents, 16 percent of Financial District households now bring in more than $400,000 annually.

·
In Time
3,070 Posts
Yeah the Financial district is going to look so much different in the future. There is going to be more upscale retail all over the place. I wonder if the shops at fulton street will see such change.

·
I love my life
Cuyi Lastrassi
15,034 Posts
wow. Definately, Wall Street will be upscale in the next couple of yrs.

·
Whole Other Country
735 Posts
^^ They can change anything but Century 21 department stores!! hehee

·
Banned
192 Posts
I like watching the Skyscraper of the Wall Street.
But the high income of the inhabitants of this area is abnormal.
A millionaire lives in Roppongi and Azabu in Japan.
On the other hand, there is a slum in Bronx.

The U.S. Government should strengthen taxation to income and assets.

The best method to save an African orphan is that a developed nation and a rising nation increase taxes.

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,049 Posts
I like watching the Skyscraper of the Wall Street.
But the high income of the inhabitants of this area is abnormal.
A millionaire lives in Roppongi and Azabu in Japan.
On the other hand, there is a slum in Bronx.

The U.S. Government should strengthen taxation to income and assets.

The best method to save an African orphan is that a developed nation and a rising nation increase taxes.
The thing is, the United States has more than TWICE the population of Japan. You also can't forget two factors that bring the poverty Japan doesnt have. Japan doesn't have a large proportion of immigrants seeking help. Japan doesn't have a centuries old legacy of effects of slavery and later racism to deal with. Japan doesn't have even have nearly half the social problems the United States does. So I would think before i spoke.:eek:hno:

·
Banned
192 Posts
The thing is, the United States has more than TWICE the population of Japan. You also can't forget two factors that bring the poverty Japan doesnt have. Japan doesn't have a large proportion of immigrants seeking help. Japan doesn't have a centuries old legacy of effects of slavery and later racism to deal with. Japan doesn't have even have nearly half the social problems the United States does. So I would think before i spoke.:eek:hno:
The U.S. Government should strengthen taxation to the well off to solve those problems.

Japan has shifted to the American model society by bad influence of the Judea Anglo-Saxon economic system, too.
Originally there were few poors in the Japanese social characteristic.
But, a difference of poverty and wealth became big to next of America and Ireland.

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,049 Posts
Judea Anglo-Saxon economic system
why do you always refer to the United States of America as that? Why can't you just mention European influence? Your way of refering to us as that is so...engrish. our economy has NOTHING to do with Israel if that is what you are implying.

·
Proud Torontonian
1,421 Posts
I still think that I can live a better life with in the 75 000 - 85 000 salary range in the suburbs, given the fact that nearly all commodities essential to my livelihood will be much cheaper.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I still think that I can live a better life with in the 75 000 - 85 000 salary range in the suburbs, given the fact that nearly all commodities essential to my livelihood will be much cheaper.
Horses for courses...I'm not a fan of suburbs personally.

·
Kibic
537 Posts
Another incredible statistic is that the average salary on Wall Street increased 36% between 2003 and 2005. Average salary in the securities sector was $289,664 in 2005, which employed 174,000 (year average) workers that year.

·
Paradise Island
3,743 Posts
Another incredible statistic is that the average salary on Wall Street increased 36% between 2003 and 2005. Average salary in the securities sector was $289,664 in 2005, which employed 174,000 (year average) workers that year.
This is during a time when incomes for most Americans were flat or worse. When the revolution comes we will know who to look for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts