SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
I tried aviation photography for the first time (and only until now) a few months ago. I was actually very much fun. It was a bit cold, but I think I'll try again when summer is here. I haven't submitted any photos to Airliners.net though, since there are already plenty photos of the planes I photographed (and not sure if they would get accepted either). Here are a few of my shots:

I've heard that they are quite strict with new photos, not sure what it would take to get them through the process.

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Thanx Dave, yes the photos are all taken during landing. I guess they're pretty "stardard", and so are the planes. It was not the most busy airport in the world, so I had to pick a few ones and stick to them. I'll probably spend a day at Copenhagen Airport this summer, it should be possible to catch a lot more there. :)

Could you show a few of yours? :)

Oh, and yes, I'm extemly wealthy, can't even keep track of all the air carryers I own anymore. :D

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried to take photos here at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, but they have secured the airport so well that it is literally impossible to take a photo of a plane taxiing on the tarmac without getting a fence in your way. I've tried some photos from a location about 200 meters from one of the two main runways that are used for landings, but my fairly able Panasonic DMC-FZ20 which has 12x optical zoom, has to be fully utilized to get a decent photo of a plane making an approach.

Obviously, at an angle where the plane is landing and moving from one side of you to another at a distance of 200 meters, having the optical zoom set at 12x makes it almost impossible to center the plane in your photo.

Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MLM: The only problem I see with your photos is that the bottom of the plane is too dark. I'd try and catch the plane at a lower angle, thus avoiding the dark underside of the plane. Otherwise, they look good to me.

·
Registered
9,038 Posts
I have some photos in Airliners.net database. You can see them by clicking the link that is fixed im my signature. I love aviation, so i love to take pictures of aircrafts. As you can see, i have photos in PlanePictures, JetPhotos and MyAviation. :D :)

It isn't very good quality photos, but i try to do my best. I use a Sony DSC-W1 cam. ;)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Rodrigo BSB: I think you had links to your photos a short while ago. They were very good. It's not easy to get photos accepted by Airliners.net.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@nakedyak: I think it's a screen shot from one of the flight simulator games. Someone else posted a screen shot before and it looked so good I thought they had designed the plane with a CAD type program. Except, you could see the sky through the engines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts