Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3217 Posts

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ayutthaya was founded as the capital on 03/04/1350 by King Ramathibodi I. In the 16th and 17th centuries Ayutthaya was one of the most important trading centres in Asia. In 1767 the Burmese sacked the city. Today, the ruins stand amoung the modern buildings of the city.

Wat Phra Si Sanphet a state temple

Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bophit contains one of Thailand's largest bronze Buddha images

Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon the chedi in the temple is one of the largest in Ayutthaya

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
nice and green.. good to see that they maintain areas around the old monuments ;)
BTW I read in paper that on 15th May mark the 400th anniversary of the death of King Naresuan the great!

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pas said:
nice and green.. good to see that they maintain areas around the old monuments ;)
BTW I read in paper that on 15th May mark the 400th anniversary of the death of King Naresuan the great!
King Naresuan is one of the greatest king in Ayutthaya Kingdom and Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon was build for memorial of victory with Burmese army.

·
Premium Member
38,009 Posts
I really really really like this kind of building, enormous fusion Thai style complex...:cool:

1 - 20 of 3217 Posts