SkyscraperCity banner

361 - 380 of 455 Posts

·
8,902 Posts
Well, if you wait till 2022 (and we are lucky), you may even see first subway in Israel opening for business :)
You will get to see fully electrified A1, Shalom station southern terminal, the Yehudit bridge and of course some new towers.
I am mostly excited not about projects getting finished by then, but hopefully by projects starting.
Namely, Azrieli Spiral and ToHA2.
Azrieli town to be honest is not a very exciting project.
It is mostly a good skyline filler.
For that area, I mostly want to see the construction on towers finishing and the area finally becoming pedestrian friendly.
Unfortunately, I don't think 2021 is the date.
Red Line works as far as northern CBD is concerned, probably won't be finished by then.
Azrieli town residential will still be U/C by then (and even if its completed, the 3d tower will be U/C).
Hopefully Azrieli Spiral will start by then.
Maybe even Gazit Globe.
Emek Bracha bridge works might start by then.
So this area won't take the final shape that soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, if you wait till 2022 (and we are lucky), you may even see first subway in Israel opening for business :)
You will get to see fully electrified A1, Shalom station southern terminal, the Yehudit bridge and of course some new towers.
I am mostly excited not about projects getting finished by then, but hopefully by projects starting.
Namely, Azrieli Spiral and ToHA2.
Azrieli town to be honest is not a very exciting project.
It is mostly a good skyline filler.
For that area, I mostly want to see the construction on towers finishing and the area finally becoming pedestrian friendly.
Unfortunately, I don't think 2021 is the date.
Red Line works as far as northern CBD is concerned, probably won't be finished by then.
Azrieli town residential will still be U/C by then (and even if its completed, the 3d tower will be U/C).
Hopefully Azrieli Spiral will start by then.
Maybe even Gazit Globe.
Emek Bracha bridge works might start by then.
So this area won't take the final shape that soon.
If you wanna talk about being pedestrian friendly...
I cant stop noticing how horrible the connection between the plots are.
For example, if you look at the area east of Menachem Begin rd, i would've liked to see big public plazas in between the towers. But instead we got small crowded buildings/ malls with huge walls separating the plots.
Such poor planning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you wanna talk about being pedestrian friendly...
I cant stop noticing how horrible the connection between the plots are.
For example, if you look at the area east of Menachem Begin rd, i would've liked to see big public plazas in between the towers. But instead we got small crowded buildings/ malls with huge walls separating the plots.
Such poor planning.
I fully agree. This is a horrible planning as far as pedestrians are concerned, which I doubt will improve. Personally, I feel very uncomfortable walking there. It feels like you walk on a driveway with junctions because entrances to underground parkings are so wide and there are always cars coming in and out. This is a wrong planning because such wide driveways to underground parkings should NOT cross sidewalks every 30 meters, but rather connect to a service road behind the towers, hidden from sight. Also, there are two (!!!) gas stations on a strip of 300 meters! On top of this, the width of the sidewalk is too narrow near Midtown, then it widens enormously near WE Tel Aviv, but then completely disappears near the gas station. All that on a strip of less than 200 meters. And why they had to put public benches that no one uses precisely where the sidewalk becomes really narrow? All this makes the whole experience of walking there very unpleasant.

·
8,902 Posts
oh theres a third tower? doesnt show in any of the renders, how tall is it going to be?
Yes.
It is unclear what will be the use.
Among the possible usage options considered was a rest home and a "shared living" space.
Shared living was discarded after TLV city council failed to pass the required regulations for such establishment.

@Edandin84,@GulliverTLV you are right, the walkability in this area is bad, but I think it will be improved eventually.
The service road you mentioned, actually exists.
Perhaps in the future, when Emek Bracha bridge is built, those driveways will be reconsidered and hopefully reduced.
Regarding gas stations, I am sure those are not going to last for long.
Regarding sidewalks, I would wait till Red line works end, to pass judgement.
I am sure the final state, will be different (hopefully better).

361 - 380 of 455 Posts