SkyscraperCity banner

381 - 400 of 412 Posts

·
armatissimi & liberissimi
22,585 Posts
The big change will happen in 2024/2025 when the azrieli and midtown area will fully open, the light rail will be a Established reality and begin road transformed in a boulevard. Till there just small improvements...

But skyline wise 2023 will have a huge impact, with landmark and sarona area fully completed, givatayim towers Area also completed, gindi towers completed... the skyline will be bold!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It could be amazing to see Begin Road as a boulevard but I dont believe is a good idea.

La Gran Vía in Madrid, which is one of the main roads within center of Madrid was transformed as a boulevard and it didn't work cause the options to communicate the northwest and the city center for car consumers were few and led the congestion of small streets around the center (Beside, the project was, to say the least, uninteresting).
I think that will be the fate in this case as well.

·
armatissimi & liberissimi
22,585 Posts
When they say boulevard I think they mean something like Ibn Gvirol or, if we are very hopeful, something like Ben Gurion/Rothschild Boulevard...

·
8,552 Posts
Not sure, I understand the analogy.
Ibn Gvirol is not a boulevard.
I don't know what they mean, but likely something with a median green strip and hopefully wider, greener pavements.
Probably not like Rotschild, as the median strip as wide as it is on Rotschild, would take up the whole street width at least at some parts of it.
Also, I have a hunch the business owners and real estate developers along the road, won't be too happy about it and will try to oppose it and failing to do so, will at least try to minimize the changes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the confusion comes from the fact that two words in English have only one meaning in Hebrew.
Ibn Gvirol is an avenue, not a boulevard. the main difference between an avenue and boulevard is usually, the middle part.
In Hebrew, both would translate into "Sdera"

381 - 400 of 412 Posts