SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.businessghana.com/portal/news/index.php?op=getNews&news_cat_id=1&id=137647

Mrs Dzifa Attivor, Deputy Minister of Transport at the weekend gave the assurance that government would implement the urban rail system in Accra and other major cities by 2012.

"I am so much impressed with the tramp rail system in the Czech Republic and I cannot wait to see a similar programme working in my own country, Ghana," she stressed.

The Deputy Minister who was speaking to the Ghana News Agency in Prague said plans are advanced to implement the system in addition to the Urban Bus Rapid Transport.

Mrs Attivor was part of the Ghanaian delegation that participated in the Ghana-Czech Republic Trade Investment Forum, organised by business entities in the two countries in collaboration with Ghana's Embassy.

She said when the tramp system becomes operational it would service routes along Accra-Teshie, Accra- Abokobi and Accra- Kasoa on pilot basis, after which it would be extended to other parts of Accra and major cities in the country.

Mrs Attivor said the introduction of the bus rapid transport and the rail systems would reduce traffic on the major roads and create jobs for

Ghanaians.

She said the Ghanaian Embassy would anchor the relations with the Czech Republic in order to bring home the expertise to facilitate feasibility studies.

From George-Ramsey Benamba, GNA special correspondent in Prague, Czech Republic

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tramp? Really?

One can only imagine what a tramp system would be.

The other mistake African journalists often make is say millions rather than billions.

·
There's cake, right?
3,474 Posts
Bad Ghanian journalism you mean to say?
You expats are always crying wolf about how the West is guilty of generalising when it comes to continent when you bloody lot are guilty of the same thing.
Rather pathetic if you ask me.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
You expats are always crying wolf about how the West is guilty of generalising when it comes to continent when you bloody lot are guilty of the same thing.
You locals also generalize that all expats think alike. NO, we don't.

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see these type of mistakes regularly in Africa. Not just Ghana.

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
HAHA

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Accra resident Kofi Ayew had the following remark to make

"I am not happy, the tramps are too dirty and far too expensive and the service is too infrequent, I think they should have more tramps and less fees"

Asamoah Muntari however begged to differ

"I love the tramp, it is one heck of a ride, I ride the tramp almost everyday even though my wife doesn't agree, but even she rides the tramps sometimes"
:lol:

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
What in the name? In Czech Rep It Tram, in Russia its Tram its Tram everywhere.

Tramp is a Ghanian thing.

At first i thought its was Donald Trump, spelled wrong.

·
Mutu ya Chuma.
43,873 Posts
I meant to say everywhere in Europe . (Though could be wrong, but majority there does).

Yea, i think they are talking about the Urban Rail.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts