SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So came across Chafford Hundred for the first time in my life, a development of 5,000 new homes in 90s and 00s. Judging from the pictures this looks one of the most souless places I've ever seen - 90s planning at its worst surely:

It makes me want to cry.

Is this the best we can do? Does anyone know anything else about this location or other examples of poor modern town planning I can get upset by.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IIRC, space planning standards were swept away in the 1980s, and pokey-sized rooms were the result.
Looking on rightmove the rooms are tiny - with lots of the houses having 6/7 or even 8 bedrooms. Why would you want 8 bedrooms?

COuld you directly link to the bing maps - I can't access tinypic.

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Bing maps you can click on the Envelope in the corner with share next to it. Then that gives a weblink (in shortern format) to the view you are looking at.

i.e. http://binged.it/1nRbem3

(note this view is of nothing specific - I was investigating how bad the local permeability was at Channock Hundred).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.