1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Imam Abu Hanifa (ra) masjid:

Old picture of the Imam Abu Hanifa (ra) masjid:

There are plenty more photos that I will post later.

:)

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you should of done 1 picture for each post.
I posted about 150 pictures. It would have taken years if I posted one picture for each post.

I have more pictures as well but it takes some time to copy them.

BTW, is there a better page than tinypic? Is there a page where I can copy more pictures at one time? I hope you understand what I mean?

Because you can't copy pictures directly to this forum for some reason which is pretty annoying.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some more pictures:

Hamrin mountains northeast of Baghdad:

The Tigris river and landscape north of Baghdad:

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it should be Baghdad but it might be another Iraqi city and even another country.
I was unsure of whether that picture was indeed Baghdad or not as the only one of those 203 beautiful pictures I posted. Yes, I actually counted them minutes ago:lol:

The last picture you quoted should be from somewhere in the Al-Jazira region. I have seen that picture many times in connection with Iraq (videos etc.)

I will try and find out where it is. Maybe someone knows it on this forum. The last picture in my latest post is from Khan Al-Baghdadi in Northeast Al-Anbar, not far away from Baghdad.

There are many hidden pearls in Iraq.

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Yes, it should be Baghdad but it might be another Iraqi city and even another country.
I was unsure of whether that picture was indeed Baghdad or not as the only one of those 203 beautiful pictures I posted. Yes, I actually counted them minutes ago:lol:

The last picture you quoted should be from somewhere in the Al-Jazira region. I have seen that picture many times in connection with Iraq (videos etc.)

I will try and find out where it is. Maybe someone knows it on this forum. The last picture in my latest post is from Khan Al-Baghdadi in Northeast Al-Anbar, not far away from Baghdad.

There are many hidden pearls in Iraq.
Okay, did a little research. The first picture I quoted is actually from Baghdad Street in Cairo, Egypt. :D

I knew somehow that it wasn't in Iraq.

The second picture I quoted is the Upper Zab River (which connects with the Tigris) and it runs through Dohuk, Arbil and Ninawa provinces. I think the above picture might be in KRG unfortunately...

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That might explain it.

Anyway there are many more beautiful pictures than that one out of those 203 I posted;)

But I think you can find similar architecture in some Iraqi cities.

Personally I prefer the more traditional Arabic one that once was found thorughout Iraq (more or less)

Something along those lines and similar architecture.

I am pretty sure that the last pictures is not in Iraqi Kurdistan but rather the Ninawa province.

But what I have found out is that the Northwestern part of Iraq is really beautiful. I did not really know the region until I discovered the beauty of it.

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
Al Hashimi you can use image-shack if you want upload several pictures at the same time.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures but why not just posting them in the Baghdad thread?

Haha Chounz I think you used Google pictures search like I did :D

Yea the picture is in Dohuk province. (Link)

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, thanks.

No problem glad that you enjoyed them. I tried to use the best I could find. Sadly, when you search after Iraq, even when using Arabic, most is about destruction and the wars. Very frustrating.

Because I did not see that thread. Anyway I think it's a good idea that so many pictures are found in so few posts.

Google pictures search? What is that?:)

Ok, still Iraq and very close to Ninawa. I am pretty sure that I saw similar landscapes from the Ninawa province.

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
Ok, thanks.
You're welcome 3ini.

No problem glad that you enjoyed them. I tried to use the best I could find. Sadly, when you search after Iraq, even when using Arabic, most is about destruction and the wars. Very frustrating.
Yea I've noticed that too. That's why I use the filters in Google Images search where I search for newer pictures. It doesn't remove all the pictures though as a lot of suicide bombs still occur. Wallah 7aramat bas that's how the situation is right now..

Because I did not see that thread. Anyway I think it's a good idea that so many pictures are found in so few posts.
The Baghdad thread is a really huge collection of nice pictures. Anyway, it's not a big problem.

Google pictures search? What is that?:)

Ok, still Iraq and very close to Ninawa. I am pretty sure that I saw similar landscapes from the Ninawa province.
Here you go:http://www.google.com/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html

It's very useful.

Yea in Northern Ninawa.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
;)

As you might hear I am no expert. I have newer used or heard about new filters in Google search. But surely sounds like a very good feature in the case of Iraq and Google search.

Yes, it is a very unfortunate thing. It annoys me because people outside of our regions and those who are not interest in history are largely clueless about Iraq and it's beauty. I will gladly show them the other version of Iraq if possible.

Yes, I have seen the Baghdad thread but it is very huge and sometimes it took several pages to find pictures. I can also post those 203 pictures in the existing Baghdad thread if people wish that - but I suspect that a lot of the pictures I posted have already been posted.

Cool, that's very useful indeed a3ini.

Also, Sinjar could you tell me how I upload more photos at once on imageshack? I just registered myself.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
A few more pictures:

(love that picture)

A few more pictures of the landscapes outside of Baghdad, some animals and people:

(believe it or not but this picture was apparently taken back in October 1966!)

:)lol:)

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
;)

As you might hear I am no expert. I have newer used or heard about new filters in Google search. But surely sounds like a very good feature in the case of Iraq and Google search.

Yes, it is a very unfortunate thing. It annoys me because people outside of our regions and those who are not interest in history are largely clueless about Iraq and it's beauty. I will gladly show them the other version of Iraq if possible.

Yes, I have seen the Baghdad thread but it is very huge and sometimes it took several pages to find pictures. I can also post those 203 pictures in the existing Baghdad thread if people wish that - but I suspect that a lot of the pictures I posted have already been posted.

Cool, that's very useful indeed a3ini.

Also, Sinjar could you tell me how I upload more photos at once on imageshack? I just registered myself.
Google is very user friendly. Try to play with the filters will learn it quickly.

Hopefully the prejudices will change with the time..

Yea it's a really big thread. A thread it's not a big problem for me. I just liked to inform you about it.

You have the pictures saved in your computer, right? Just click on all the pictures you want to upload afterwards click on the upload button. Then you will have in the my image folder.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Baghdad during sandstorms which happen fairly often in the summers due to the shamal wind.

It is very unhealthy to be outside during such a sandstorm but at the same time it creates some unique surroundings that are beautiful and special, especially due to the orange colour that during a sandstorm can resemble another planet even:D

Sinjar:

Thank you again. Much appreciated.

Insha'Allah.

No problem and I understand.

No, not saved. But now I know what to do next time I upload pictures here.:D

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
شكرا لك يا أخي.

:cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts